Blackberry Bold

I am looking to get the Bold. Love the features and do not want a touch screen. At&t is the only carrier that has this phone. I see phones online that are unlocked but are they worth buying? Anyone here can get a deal on these? Thank for any help.

unlocked AT&T phone will not work on the verizon or sprint network

I only buy unlocked phones (Tmobile) no contracts… looking at $500+ for an unlocked Bold.

who is your carrier? Have you tried the curve? Its still a Blackberry but, lacks the wifi and super awesome screen and is only slightly comparable. Not the same thing i know but its worth a try if you haven’t used one.

the bold is a phenominal phone.

Right now I use the curve 8310. I really like the BB and would like the 3G feature. The Bold has wifi with can be used with my wireless network at home. Also it has the full keyboard. I have AT&T at the moment. I really would like to go back to verizon but they only offer the storm and i dont like the touchless screen. I can bang out emails and texts with the curve…too twitchy on the storm.

Plus…

I can get the Bold from AT&T with a new two year contract for $279.00 Thats after a $100 rebate. Calling plan with data and email and texting is approx $90

I agree. I watched all the youtube vids on this device. It really is amazing what it can do.

So if you have the wifi plan you can connect to wireless internet from home? When i got my phone they never really told me about this lol. I have tmobile…

yes turn on the wifi feature and your browser will run off your wireless network. I was told that calls still go through the at&t network tough…but I am sure there is an app out there that can make your calls go through VOIP.

if u dont actually have the “wifi plan” but have a wifi phone does it charge u extreme amounts of $$ ?

no, how can they tell what you are doing on an external network.

Well i just tried to connect my phone to the wifi here at school and it told me “please connect your service provider”.

So wifi is free, but if u are actually browsing w/ the internet from tmobile/verizon etc it will charge u a fee right?

The bold would have been sweet if it came out for verizon but i guess it will eventually or somethign better. For now im waiting on my storm, with the new os updates it sounds nice enough

GREAT phone, but its a little too expensive for unlocking right now IMO

Bold = :tup:

i plan on picking one up next week … it was that or the Fuze, and i hated the touch screen on the HTC

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5800_xpressmusic-2537.php i just bought this today, i use to have an n82

I need a BB because my gf lives in Toronto and BB Messenger is free so we chat all day with no costs. Most of my friends have BB as well so it makes it easier.

I got this phone and its SICK!!! HTML browser, WI-FI, 3G, LOVE IT!!!

ughhh, love BBM. it is the single largest reason why I can never leave BB.

and enjoy man! thats an awesome phone. Makes me wish I was GSM.