BlackFriday 2012

Who’s going after what?

I for one have stopped being excited about the door buster deals and the “extreme” specials they have (just smaller markup on many items).

I also heard that many companies do one-off cheaper products such as laptops specifically for these specials and that model isn’t a typically carried model, hence why it’s so cheap.

Regardless here is the website with a list of things

Also

(best deals)

TELEVISIONS

• Best Buy: $179 40-inch Toshiba LCD TV, originally about $348.91. (CNET)

• Walmart: $688 Vizio 60-inch LED Smart TV, originally $999.99. (CNET)

• Sears: $97 32" LCD HDTV, the cheapest 32" HDTV seen in this years sales by $72 (Christian Science Monitor)

• AAFES.com: $799 Sony 55" 120Hz 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HDTV, lowest price seen all year for the model by199 (Christian Science Monitor)

CELL PHONES

• Best Buy: Free Motorola Droid Razr with 2-year Verizon contract (CNET)

• Wirefly.com: More than 50 cell phones for less than $1 including the latest Android, Windows Phone 8 and Blackberry with 2-year agreement (PCMag)

E-READERS

• Sears: $39.99 Nook Simple Touch, originally $99.99. The Nook is lightweight, has build-in Wi-Fi and a battery life of up to two months. (CNET)

• Target: $85 Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3G, originally about $140 on Amazon price for Black Friday (CIO)

• Best Buy: $159 Amazon Kindle Fire 8GB Tablet with a $30 Best Buy gift card, $159 on Amazon’s website (Christian Science Monitor)

GAMES

• Target: $199.99 Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle, originally $299.99 (Mashable)

• Sears: $99 Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports, console retails for about $129 (CNET)

• Best Buy: $34.99 for Halo 2, Black Ops 4 and other games originally $54.99 (CNET)

• Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us: $199 Sony PlayStation Vita bundle, $319.97 value (CNET)

COMPUTERS, TABLETS

• Dell.com: $299.99 Dell Inspirion 14z, originally $599.99. Dell says there will only be a limited amount (CNET)

• Office Depot: $350 HP 17.3-inch laptop with Pentium processor,originally about $550 (CIO)

• Staples: $199 RIM 7-inch, 16GB PlayBook tablet, originally about $499 on RIM’s website (CIO)

• Sears: $80 Sylvania 7-inch MID Tablet, originally about $120 (CIO)

APPLE PRODUCTS

• Best Buy: $195 8GB iPod touch 4th Generation plus $50 Best Buy gift card (CIO), $145 iPod Nano 16GB MP3 Player 7th Generation plus $20 Best Buy gift card (Christian Science Monitor)

• Walmart: $399 Apple iPad 2 16GB WiFi Tablet plus $75 Walmart gift card, originally $399 on Apple’s website (Christian Science Monitor)

• Office Max: $50 iTunes gift card for $35 (Christian Science Monitor)

<b>CLOTHING</b>

Only things I’d even consider buying this year will be anything I can order online, then again I’ll also see what Cyber Monday has to offer.

Best buy had an HP laptop for $499. Normal $699 Sold out already. Kinda mad cuz I wanted one

Don’t need anything, besides I already spent my money.

staying home, I dont need a tv or anything like that

Fuck Black Friday. Went to Wal Mart last year and mentally murdered 50+ people. Never again. Although Map Performance is selling the EF3 turbo I want for $1400 instead of $1800. Kinda pissed I can’t get that shitz right now

Tried going to walmart for a GPS last night. Shoppers were parking in parking lots down the street, because every lot near walmart was totally full. Said fuck it and turned around. Not worth this shit to save $15.

My wife went out to a midnight thing at target.

She didnt buy much but did help an elderly man stop from bleeding to death becasue he tripped, fell and hit his head on the curb outside the building. As shes assisting the man waiting for police and EMT’s, another nurse she worked with walks right by and pretended like nothing was going on. That other nurse must have forgot the oath she swore to and just had to get that iPad on sale.

The hell with black friday and ruthless people… I will enjoy my quiet day at work watching Slednecks

Not worth it, also places typically only have a couple of the BIG sale items, so you don’t end up getting them anyways. I’ll Cyber Monday shop.

Went out for a few hours earlier this morning- didn’t go for any deals in particular but did get New Balance sneakers buy one get one free :slight_smile: Just tradition for me to go out every year!

Worked until 6AM doing absolutely nothing and getting double pay. Fuck Black Friday.