OFFICIAL Black Friday 2011 Thread

Got a lot of tech stuff on the list this year that I’m looking to grab: Laptop, GPS, in-car speakerphone, iPod, Kindle, Digital Camera. Might end up snagging some online if good enough deals pop up in the days leading up to Black Friday or on Cyber Monday.

Looking to see what other deals people may be looking at. Just started browsing some leaked advertisements at bfads.net.

the only thing I might even consider trying to snag is a 40+ inch TV, but that’s only if I can get one on a 0% interest payment plan/store CC…I already have a bestbuy card, so I might wait and see what deals they advertise…I refuse to deal with the crowds and rediculous nutjobs that shop on that day…I’ll only bother trying to venture out if I can get an insane deal on an awesome TV

I don’t mind all the craziness of it, I actually think it’s kinda fun. I normally don’t go to a lot of places though. I usually end up finding better deals online, but there’s always 1 or 2 things that I’ll have to venture out for. Last year it was a laptop, desktop, and printer. This year it looks like I’ll be on the hunt for another laptop and a GPS system.

Last year I think I got better deals surfing on the laptop from bed than my wife and mother who went out pre-dawn and battled the crowds.

This year I’m not looking for too much in the way of tech though. If a real good deal comes up on a 17+" laptop I might grab one to replace my ancient Inspiron but with how little I use a laptop with all the computers and smartphones in the house it would have to be a really good deal.

i read that the TV market is supposed to be crazy this year: LINK

too bad we cant put a 50+" tv in our tv cabinet.

I’d be curious as to what TV’s are the best deals out there. i looked on Amazon for the first time last night just out of curiousity and it was useless.

I guess i’ll look at best buy instead.

I’ll be sleeping that morning when all of you people are running around dealing with all that nonsense just to save $40 on a new plasma.

My sanity and time are worth much more than that $40 I would save.

If any of you fuckers come to Lowes that morning I swear to god I’ll shank you with a rusty butter knife.

The prices are already starting to become extremely reasonable. I just picked up the 46" Samsung LED from newegg for ~$900 shipped. I am in love with the TV!

Not a really good deal, but best I’ve seen so far (still early):BFAds - Thank you!

Great, I’ll see ya there!:hay:

My favorite was Circuit City, they put all of their Black Friday deals online available for in-store pickup at 12:01 AM. Bought all of my shit then, they had to take it off of the shelves and hold it, and I came strolling in to get it all when I woke up around noon, after the dumbasses fought it out at 5AM for what was left in the stores.

Yeah, that’s a once every week or so deal on slickdeals.

I want to go on the record and saying I hate all of you people that get up so damn early to shop, get a fucking life.

and to the Canadians that come over so early too, GTFO you should not be entitled to these “sales”

Yeah if youre looking for a good deal on a TV, youre better off subscribing to Neweggs shell shocker deals. Theyll have an off brand 40inch plus 1080p 120hz TV for as low as $380 every month (one day sales) and name brands for as low as $450. Youre not gonna find a much better deal than that even on black Friday.

Newegg’s no tax and free shipping make their sales really tough to beat for NY stores too. On a $1000 TV you’re knocking $87.50 in tax off.

Oh wait, we all make sure to fill out that line stating exactly how much we owe in internet sales tax when we fill out our state taxes so nevermind. :snky:

Meh, it’s once a year who cares? It’s not that big of a deal for me to get up a few hours earlier to catch some deals and get a jump on my holiday shopping. Plus I usually end up helping out my parents a bunch. I figure they took me to all my 4am and 5am hockey practices when I was younger, this is the least I can do in return.

I will wait for the internet deals. I have been watching the 60’s lately to replace my 52".

I care because I have to get up at a ridiculous time to go to work because people think they are getting the best deals ever, stores open earlier and earlier each year and why is that? because you dumb people still come out, maybe I would like to enjoy thanksgiving with my family for once

I wouldn’t mind a nice 60" er. Otherwise there isn’t anything I actually want.

That’s what the day before is for, duh! LOL, I’m sure the solution is more complicated than this, but you can’t take vacation time for that day?

vacation time is blocked from black friday until january 2nd