Blank exhaust tubing? WTB?

Hey guys, I just finished my header install on my truck and need to make a pipe from the collector back. It’s a relatively straight shot to the muffler so I am going to make it myself. But where can I get the blank pipes at? Can I just get a steel tube the right size and thickness or is there specific “exhaust pipes?” I would also need the flange to connect it to the collector and a bung if I can’t cut out my old one. Any advice where to start looking?

They sell exhaust tubing, along with most flanges, bungs, hangers, and even collectors at most auto parts stores. While the pipes they sell are generally no longer than 3’, since you said your going to make it yourself anyway I’m assuming your going to be welding.

midas for the O2 bungs
napa for the pipe if going locally

thanks guys, I’ll call a few places. I didn’t realize auto parts stores would carry something like this. Although I think I will need about a 5 of 6 ft peice. My welding skills could do an exhaust no problem… but I’d rather have a single pipe just because, haha.

o2 bungs are like 60 cents

you sure do have alot of info on bungs

Umm…y Would U Need 6’ Of Pipe To Go From The Cat To The Muffler???

Mines Like 2’ Maybe 2.5’

6 ft was an over estimate so I had extra to cut to length. I am not going from the cat to muffler, I am going from the header collector to the muffler spanning the area where the cat used to be.

napa carries or can get long lengths of exhaust pipe.

I paid $25 for 2.5" 6 feet of pipping over at station auto parts in coraopolis. few years ago

i think im ordering through VaporTrail from Magnaflow

midas wouldn’t sell me shit. Napa has the pipe in 10 foot lengths and can order the o2 bungs. they didn’t know wtf I was talkin about for the other fitting I need. I may just cut the old one off the cat since I can’t find a new one

i have the O2 bungs here now. let me know if you need anything else.

:bj: would be nice

haha, cool, do you know if that steel yard by your place is open tomorrow? The one by me isn’t open sat. Is there a place near you that has this type of stuff in stock? I can’t find the triangular flange to mount to my collector. the Napa near me has the pipe, but I got there too late today and they were closed.

they are not oen saturday. I will be gone all day today. but i will be here sunday all day. will be working in the shop all day so let me know. Won’t be able to get the tubing till monday :frowning:

I can get the pipe from Napa near me and I am going to re-use the old flange. What time is that steel place open till on weekdays? I can swing by sometime in this week and pick up that bung. How much you want for it?

till 430, let me know what you need and i can pick it up and have it here for you

You could just weld up a nut.

I’m gettin an O2 simulator instead for that sensor. Thanks guys