BMW ?'s

Any frame damage? You good at body/collision work? I have no experience with it so if it were me, I’d walk and find something that takes less “skill” to fix.

mmmmm pink BMW’s :tup:

this looks like one big money pit to me

dude, find something else :slight_smile:

mark our words, you will prolly regret this if you get it. wayyyyy too much work for a noob without a lot of money.

I think your noobness dictates the amt. of project you should get in to. If you were thinking that an M swap was going to be in the 1-2k range and you were going to have some amazing BMW for 3k you need to do more homework and find an application that better suits your knowledge, wallet, and patience tolerance.

Shit, didn’t even think about that. Dude a German project car WILL be a money pit. Get something American or Japanese so you can pick up used OEM and/or performance parts cheaply.

Im gonna go look at it, to see if the frame is at all damaged, if its just panels and grill and lights, i think i can swing that with me my mechanic and a local body shop and quite a few paychecks.

Considering a good condition 535i of the same year goes for 4k, and this is under 1, plus parts labor etc. I think its a good deal, i know german cars cost money, but you also get the recognition and the cool/fun factor, its RWD a big plus, a powerful stock inline 6, room to upgrade on a strong block.

The m switch and those thigns, i was just asking to see if it was possible, i figured they would be compatible, it made logic sense to me, anyway.

If there isnt any frame damage i think its almost a go

don’t waste your time. you’d do better to pick up an old e30 3 series in decent shape for about the same price. take your time and look around. you’d have more fun in a 3 series anyway.

Its nowhere near set in stone

It just appears to be a rather steal

I need to drive both to figure out which id like

it’s not a steal for what you want. it’s a steal if you had the ability to fix it cheaply and quickly then flip it. you want a fun to drive, affordable, moddable car with a manual tranny and rwd. that is not the car for you.

can’t tell young guys anything

do what you will, start getting familiar with the ‘oh crap i need help like now’ forum :wink:

Do yourself a favor and take it to a collision shop for a free estimate before you buy it, then you’ll see just how much of a steal it is…:roll2:

But props for making your own decision. Good luck either way. :tup:

Good call.

THanks for the advice, i appreicate it alot

you want a fun to drive, affordable, moddable car with a manual tranny and rwd.
This is very true, but im a fan of the whole bimmer look, and what not, are there any decent m3s or m5s out there, i should have if i dont waste it, 3k ish by end of july

unfortunately, i wish anyone good luck on that. if you want an e30, unless you spend 6+ months looking, or are willing to travel whereever in the country, you will not find a nice e30.

most of them need a lot of work, or are a rediculous amount of money. Out west I’ve seen some nice ones for ~$6k.

A buddy of mine is willing to pay $6k for a nice one, and hasn’t come up with anything worthwhile. And he’s willing to travel pretty darn far.

I got a nice one for $7k, but still needs a good amount of work. but I lucked the fuck out, it’s a touring. which usually fetches $13-17k, IF you can find one. Mine is 1 of 8 in the country

So perhaps this IS a steal like i thought?

:lol: You might have $3k to spend and you’re thinking about buying a $1k BMW with signficant collision damage? AND you want to make a project car out of it? Dude you’ve got two options: Come back to reality and look elsewhere or start conducting business on Avenue D to make your pockets a lot deeper.

ok, look…that front end is whaacked BAD. there IS going to be front frame damage. maybe not out of alignment bad, bet definately some bent up metal under there. you wont know until you pull the panels off, and chances are this guy isnt going to let you pull the panels before considering buying it. but if he does let you, then do THAT first. then if there really is no frame damage and it only needs a fender/hood/front grille and lights, buy it, fix it, sell it on ebay…then take that money you make and keep looking. possibly do that to a few cars first. i did that twice before my focus.

bahhh that makes me sad, i think it finally set it in…

Stupid ignorance

Thanks again guys. time to save and look

Hahahahaha i was gunna buy that for a parts car 6 months ago

the damage isnt that bad, but if you dont know alot about bmws or cars in general i would suggest against the 535

ur a noob, buy a honda

/thread