Build advice needed.

Ok, so I’ve been doing alot of thinking on what exactly to do with my car.

The front of the car looks to be moved over about 1", both frame rails are cocked just in front of the strut towers about 15*, and as far as I can tell to get the thing looking decent again I’ll need to get the front end straightened out, a fender, hood, rad support and nose panel. The driver’s side frame rail is sheared off at the end as well. The rear bumper mount is broken in the back which isn’t that big of a deal, but the trunk is pretty whacked out of alignment as well.

So here are my options:

-Found a SUPER clean Hawaii car, 325is with fresh coilovers, fresh clutch, and basically everything on the car is M3 except the motor. Very clean car, but has some baller stereo in it which worries me, but the car is up there in price, I could probably get it for 5k.

-Also found a 93 325is, one owner, 117k, super clean, and cheap for what it is. about 2k

-Finally, there’s the option of spending a little money getting my current car straight enought o bolt body panels on it, and make it a drift/track rat. But I feel like that may be more hassle than it’s worth.

Also take into consideration the insurance difference between a salvaged m3 and a clean 325is.

Advice time, readdddyyyyyy GO.

-Also found a 93 325is, one owner, 117k, super clean, and cheap for what it is. about 2k

I like this option with a swap.

step 1: buy a daily driver

step 2: fix up your current car

step 3: drift the ever living shit out of said current car

step 4: profit

me too, but chances are I’m going to at least scuff walls, hit cones, etc. I plan on sticking with this whole drifting thing for a while, so that’s what this build would be geared towards. I’m not sure I want to make a minty car just to beat it into a mushy pile of metal all over again. Though it would be nice to have a chassis I could be confident in knowing I’m the first one who’s driven it hard. ahhhgg

you really think it’s worth fixing though man?

we’ll see once the front end is off, gonna start pulling shit off this weekend.

I think its going to be very expensive fixing your current car.

Not to mention I WOULD like to drive it on the street, and insuring a salvaged m3 to a 22 yr old with 3 accidents and 6-8pts on his record is going to suuucckkk.

-Buy a daily

-Buy a 240sx or something similar that is cheap

-Pull The motor out of the M

-Put said motor into the cheap rwd car you purchased

-drift the balls off it

-profit

The benefits of this approach: Cheaper insurance, BMW powa, if you mash the body, who cares, wicked cool swap.

This isn’t a half bad idea either.

It’s going to be $$$$ getting the motor happy in a 240sx. I’d assume I’d have to go standalone, not to mention alot of wiring. Screw that.

I’m leaning towards the cheap e36 donor shell approach.

I would just get an e36 donor to swap. Thats the easiest, cheapest platform to swap your motor in.

Why would you have to go standalone? You have a full m3 donor car. Pull everything you need out of that. You have the motor, tranny, rear end, ecu, wiring, dash, etc. Yes, it’ll a fuck ton of work. Would it be all that expensive? Only if you pay someone else to do all the work.

benny did you get in an accident or something?

haha yeah, smoked my shit into a guard rail being a dumbass.

lol you would smoke your shit

Benny, I’d get a clean BMW of your choice for a daily. Fix up the current car so it drives straight. Replace some body panels, quick paint job, and just put liability insurance on it and drift that.

LOL I totally forgot I don’t need full coverage now that I don’t have a loan on it.

I do plan on getting a daily on top of all of this, but it probably won’t be a bmw. I’m thinking Cherokee.

Some thing a little cheaper to maintain would be a good idea. And might as well use a car that was already wrecked so you dont have to worry about fucking it up

14mpg ftl.

:lol Yeah man, spend a decent amount of money and pick up a good daily you can run all year around, but a Cherokee?