Boat guys step in

Well i’ve been looking for a boat for a little while now and i found a deal that i just dont think i can refuse. problem is there was cracks in the the hull that where “cut out and fixed” I’m going to look at it tommaro what should i look for and what should i ask?
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/boa/2507181854.html:tif:

ask if it’ll float (or how often you have to bail water), and if the motor will start, stay attached, and move the boat forward and reverse.

If it does all that for that price, you’ve got a good deal!

That’s not a bad price for that at all.

Look at the repair for the “cracks”. I’m assuming it’s a fiberglass boat. If so you should be able to see the repair and if it was done properly. Also ask/inspect the transom, it maybe rotted.

Both of these are not show-stoppers; I’d say to replace the transom and fix the hole if you need to redo it would be in the $500 in materials range and some physical labor (There’s tons of how-tos on the website below)

www.iboats.com is a great asset for older/smaller boats like this. Lots of great information.

I’d offer him $500, and probably pick it up if it was in good shape once I looked at it for between $500 and the $650 he’s asking (Pending everything is there and everything is in decent shape; knowing it may need some fiberglass and paint work; along with general cleanup/maintenance)

First thing i asked! i’m going to take a look tommaro to see if everything is ok. but for the price i just dont think i can let it slip by thanks for the input!

posting has been deleted :frowning:

because it is now in my drive way

So, what was is it? Never got to see the ad!

eek, Idunno man…that thing looks like a money pit to me

TOMORROW

its an older glasspar citation picked it up for 600$ with an extra motor. i’ve been looking into buying a boat for some time now this just happened to be close and right around what i was looking for. as for a money pit i dont plan on investing more that 600 into it. worst off i sell the trailer and gain half my money back.

fiberglass repairs are common on boats, especially in the rear

believe it or not everything is soild. re-doing all the wiring, the capet and seats is in progress now maybe i should make a rebuild thread on this…