Boosted Cavy pics

Thanks man, the camera is a Canon Rebel XTi, takes some awesome pics and really isn’t all that expensive.

Custom tranny man :slight_smile: I blew the old Ishitzu (Isuzu) tranny on the old supercharger setup I had on the car. The current tranny is called an NVG-t550 which has a Torsen LSD. It is out of an Achieva SCX… there was something like 700 of them ever made specifically by GM for road racing… I managed to find one in a scrap yard LOL. Supposably the tranny is good for like 500lb/ft of torque. The clutch is also a 4 puck unsprung hub ACT that is a whore to drive in around town but grabs like a MOFO when needed.

What will likely break if I track the car alot are the axles… they are upgraded to HO axles out of a Grand Am which are stronger but still not “strong”… I should get a custom set made but it’s like a grand :frowning:

Lucky for you, NYSpeed has track days and will help arrange the breakage :slight_smile:

I really should be able to make the NYSPEED track day next season, last season I believe I was on vacation when it was scheduled…

Our car club also rented the track a bit later in the season and I planned on running the car then but the turbo blew on me 2 days before the rental :mad:

Everything about your car is so clean and tasteful…we need more of you out there building cars:tup:

My g/f had one of those Z/24s. Can’t say I was a huge fan of them as I worked on that more than any other car that ever sat in my garage. Did have a good transaxle though.

But - that’s cherry. That header looks gorgeous, and it’s got a nice stance.

Where is the header pic?

After I replaced my engine I lost all desire to keep my cav pretty :frowning:
a wife and 2 kids may have also contributed though :wink:

I think he might be referring to my intake mani… the turbo manifold is nothing too crazy, it’s just a log manifold with external wastegate. Space is limited behind the engine so ramhorn style mani’s are difficult to fabricate and NO ONE makes anything bolt on for this car, at least turbo related.

Honestly if I had to do it all over again I wouldn’t… there was so much custom work and frustrations along the way. I wanted something a bit out of the norm but probably should have went with an Ecotec engine swap then turboed it because there is a much larger aftermarket available.

I’ll likely beat the car pretty good this coming season and then attempt to sell it or part it out to fund a new project :slight_smile:

:tup: always liked the HO Quad 4. CLean build too.

I hope you hogged the shit out of the exhaust ports on those heads. They’re pretty small.

Over all, one of the best caviliers I have seen.

Yeah, the intake mani. Forgot how that setup was as I never had to work on that part of the 2.4L. (Actually, the 2.4 itself was good, right up until the point where it blew the HG at 80K. :meh:)

Still, yours looks great.

The head took me a good 20+ hours of porting and polishing. I wish I had taken pics of the before and after but the head was where much of the build was concentrated.