Boss 302 at Laguna Seca...

I agree about comparing numbers from different drivers.

As far as being faster than an R8. They are slow, awd, and its not like they are ferrari’s as far as handling. Mustang’s make awesome race cars, people on here just refuse to accept that they can be made to handle great.

You might want to check out a SVTPP equipped '11.

IRS on a mustang? that never happens…

until 2011!!!

or 1999, or 2000, or 2001, or 2003 or 2004…

really? thats crazy man, bc i drove a friends 06? or 07 maybe? shelby gt that most definitely had a solid rear axle. just assumed that if the big dick shelby gt had a solid rear, all of the other ones did too.

so, just out of curiosity, you name all of the years above, but what trim had IRS from the factory? was it a SVT or something?

although i do have to say, even thought no IRS in the shelby, i really enjoyed the huge selection of colors you could change the cluster to! really, quite a selling point. i mean, it had every color of the rainbow at the flick of a switch!!! i went with purple, it just felt right :slight_smile:

EDIT - i just remembered, my friend with the shelby told me this was going to happen. he said the new boss 302 will be extremely fast at the track, and i doubted him, i said i’ll believe it when i see it… alas…

Tons of Fords with V8s run IRS. The IRS center section I run in my FD is from a 1993 T-Bird.

Nice car, I’d rock it.

Jam, SVT Cobra’s of those years mentioned ran IRS. These cars were decendants of the Fox body platform…in fact an IRS from an '03 is what I bolted into my Fox.

The IRS was less than great, since it was an add-on to old tech rather than the chassis being built around it. I like to compare the Ford SLA in this Boss 302 to the GM LSX pushrod V8 in terms of taking old tech and getting every last ounce of performance out of it. It’s quite impressive to say the least.

The 99,01,00(cobra R),03, and 04 cobras had IRS as Jim stated. There has not been IRS since. SRA’s offer reliability and a decent amount of handling. I know on fox chassis cars, guys cut the interior sheet metal up to run the suspension at the most optimum angles for road racing, and there are suspension arms that can seriously improve handling even without doing this. A lot of guys like SRA’s in mustangs for road racing because they are cheap and durable.

Obviously IRS suspensions have further capabilities, but, a properly equipped SRA can outperform a stock IRS. Keep in mind that the BOSS 302 is in no ways taken as far as it could be, it has a pretty lightly modded suspension.

http://www.dieselstation.com/pics/Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Laguna-Seca-2012-car-wallpaper.jpg

bump becasue I think this is my new favorite american car. Dumbass dealerships are charging $5k-$20k premiums on them though :confused:

I’m not sold on the “colored” wheels.

Took a ride in my bosses boss 302, he got x pipes, mufflers, cat deletes and an intake installed this past week… Tuned to 424 whp on a Mustang Dyno!!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5149/5590508848_4fcaefd052_b.jpg

Standard Boss or Laguna Seca?

I don’t mind them. Its a very GT3 RS vibe the car has going on.

standard boss, it wasnt worth it he said to get the laguna seca package

Does he have the TracKey programmed and opened the cutouts on it yet? It sounds like an open-header cammed FE-block.

My co-workers delivery of a laguna seca is delayed because of a tire shortage at the plant.
He has the black and red scheme coming. Kind of reminds me of the Porsche GT3? attention grabbing paint scheme. Not my cup of tea but a great performer.

Track key can’t be reprogrammed, so black key is tuned, and he was one of the first to remove the silencer for the side pipes

inb4someonetakesitonatrackandblowsthemotorandbitchesabouthowfordwontcoveritunderwarrantylikethatguybitchingaboutblowinguphisZR1