Brake help....UFO's on the 91'

sup fella’s,

been chatting with Ryan(st4tus) about my ride, he said i should post up in herrr about switching my current UFO style brakes to the g60 set up. anyone got some good info about who’s got the best price on parts? or need to know information…

thanks.

Pm amdisthebest

There is a decent writeup with a good deal of info on
http://www.sjmautotechnik.com (site Nick showed me)
regarding the conversion.

I was lucky enough to find the right car that already was
de-UFO’d, but will need to do something else soon as the Girlings aren’t
the best for anything over daily puttering around

well that’s pretty much all i need it for, DD back to work n such.
i will look over that link. thanks.

Also- Audifans.com has a ton of Girlings and other things
you will undoubtedly need in the future. You will see soon enough,
parts/info is a bit harder than research/classifieds for a honda

b5 s4 brakes. NAOW

yes please!

I still have some time to get everything together before i NEED to have the brakes done.

Are the UFO rotors bad or does it just need pads?

To switch over to the G60 setup it will require a lot of work. You’ll need the strut uprights out of an 89-90 200, G60 calipers, carriers, rotors and pads and then a ton of work. The only reason this swap would be worth it to do would be if you plan on keeping the car forever and dont plan on having any kind of ridiculous braking power. It makes for cheaper brake jobs down the line and parts are more readily available.

On the other hand, UFO’s are actually much better brakes because the rotors are much larger then the G60 setup. If the rotors on your car are not toast I’d just throw some pads on there and be done.

Even if it requires new rotors I’d still think about just keeping the UFOs and get new ones from germanautoparts.com.

B5 S4 brakes require a decent amount of work and modification to get them on there plus you’d need 17" wheels.

So it comes down to how much labor you want to do because the price of new UFO rotors and pads will be close to $600 and to swap over to G60 requires a bunch more parts that you’d have to source used plus new parts on top of having to dissassemble your front suspension.

That’s pretty much it.

Edit

i was just think the same thing.

i am getting my car aligned in the am, i will see what i need to do. nick thanks for the info brotha! i figured it was/is gonna be alot of work either way, nothing new with an Audi…lol.
i will prolly end up just stickn with the UFO set up. i will have better answer’s tomorrow.