brake question?

I have a 91 240sx fastback with HICAS, now i’ve been lookin for brakes (just stock nuthin special) and everywhere i look the rear brakes are so dammed expensive cause of the hicas option. now heres my question why is that so and second can i use non hicas brakes?

Midwest Calipers located in Toronto has those calipers in stock or can rebuild your brake calipers at a fraction of the cost compared to other suppliers. Check out www.midwestcalipers.com for more info.

Theres no difference between hicas and non hicas rear calipers, pads or rotors… so yes, you can use anything from an S chassis

S14 brakes work FYI too.

^ not if you want your stock ebrake to work.

I bought s14 calipers and found out after the fact the ebrake cable bracket, and cable end is different.

Hrmm. I used S14 rear calipers and they worked fine.

The rear brake calipers are the same, as a rebuilder of these calipers I can say this for a fact. Check out www.midwestcalipers.com for more info. and contact info. if you want some prices on the rebuilt calipers

well Maybe it was because I had JDM s14 rears :S

Mine had a different ebrake cable bracket, and cable bracket.

If USDM ones work though, awesome sorry for spreading false info.

Midwest Calipers has that in stock

thanks guys good to know. So where do these companies get off charging $750 a rotor because it has hicas yes that was a number i was quoted so that makes 1500 bucks in rotors before pads and labour to install em all ( i could do it myself but its just easier this way )

That is a joke!!
SO much? It’s like when I went to Mitsu for a Power Seat motor and tried to charge me $3500 for the seat because they do not sell the motor seperately.

Anyways, rear s14 brakes will bolt up. You do have to switch the bracket for the ebrake from s14 to S13 to work in s13 properly.

1 14mm bolt will do that for you.