Bugatti Veyron Top Speed Run

good god.

so whats the point? that the mclaren is god b/c it was the fastest car for so long?

so what, its not king of the mountain anymore. noone is discrediting it. noone discredits roger maris since mcgwire hit more homers than him…

fwiw

more

im not trying to bash the Bugatti at all here just trying to show respect to the McLaren. I man i wish McLaren would create a new F1.

SIQ :tup:

they did make 5 variations in 4 years ya know :stuck_out_tongue:

im sure this might make them consider a comeback tour tho…

Sucks that they wont let it around the track… Probably because Bugatti realizes that its heavier than the more nimble supercars on the topgear board and does not want to disloge the mystique behind it.

nope, they are still freaked out about wreckking a ccx last year…

i think rob is right after watching the ccx wreck…there isnt that much damage and it was the first car off the track ever…they do crazy stuff on that show and one little “off the track” isnt goin to put any hold on what cars go around that test track…in my opinion the bugatti wouldnt do good on the track…but hey you never know.

granted there wasn’t much damage, but if im an automotive company thats only making 70 of these cars each worth approx 5 million, the thought of any damage isnt too thrilling

know what i mean?

^ Yet they let captain slow drive it up to 407 kmph? They won’t let a professional race driver whip it around the track for a time?

lol, all captain slow had to do was put foot to the floor and hold the wheel straight :stuck_out_tongue:

they might (probably are) just be afraid it won’t perform for shit lol

Although it was meant to be a Grand Tourer It would be mighty embarrassing for a car like the Z06 with a naturally aspirated pushrod V8 to hand it its buttons when it comes to a track with turns.

We will never know…

Now that’s impressive. Shit.

+1

Just think about that…

You have to sit at a standstill while a Mclaren F1 come up from behind you at 120MPH, and when it passes you, you can put your foot down…and you still pass it… talk about baller…

I finally got to watch this, and:

#1: Top Gear, again, proves why it is greater than all the stars, symbols, etc. than you can put after it’s name. Motor Trend TV? :lol:

#2: When he hit the start button, and 16 cylinders and four snails opened up, I got goosebumps. Whether it’s the prowess of the editors, or just the sound, I smiled.

#3: The fact that they could still incorporate the horseshoe grille into a car that does 253 mph, and nondramatically; speaks volume about the designers working with the engineers.

#4: I want a body-hugging licence plate.

#5: I have new-found respect for VW. Seriously - damn.

Thanks, whoever posted that. I need a fuckin’ cigarette now.

What a car. Whew.

link to the vid?

nm its all over youtube now