Veyron vs Mclare ...top gear

sick video

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/1142657-veyron-vs-mclaren-f1.html

for sure !

That was sick.
That stretch of road is SICK

yea the road is damn sick i’de love to stretch my bikes top speed across that

I’d like to see side by side at a drag strip. The Mclaren looks like it might be a little better off the start but probably due to “the stig"s” driving or whatever that dudes name is.

I’m sure the MCF1’s vast diet and lack of tubro lag had nothing to do with it either…

Looked like the f1 would heve it in the quarter

That makes sense but at the same time doesn’t.

Are you saying that just because a car is lighter and is naturally aspirated it will come out of the whole better than a heavier car with a turbo no matter what the hp difference?

Also the Veyron is AWD vs the Mclaren’s RWD so it should have done better.

:Idiots no, where the fuck did I say that? This thread, and my response, applied to the Veyron/MCF1 specifically and not any other “a car” as you retorted.

I’m simply saying it was not all fancy footwork by the driver that got that car where it was in the first 1/8th or 1/4. ----> Specifically for the Mclaren<—It’s chassis weight, gearing, torque delivery, rev out of the S70-2 stuffed into the rear of it… has a good part to do with it jumping ahead so quick. Also highly possible that this could be one of many of the 64 road F1’s that were coverted to the GTR spec drivetrain and Motronic/TAG as per owners request after '97. Just more fire up it’s ass to get out in front quicker.

BTW… the Veyrons AWD system is a rear biased, updated Haldex front torque system that functions quite similar to ETS-Pro(in power bias)and aside from some small power transfer to the front wheels and the addition of band-aid traction control, in standing start launch its power transfer is near identical to any other mid engine RWD car with some form of advanced TC. It’s AWD system is 90% used in corners, not under straight acceleration. It’s essentially a strengthened, VW R32 DSG drivetrain turned around with an extra gear added in the box. It’s not a drivetrain meant to be launched out of the “whole”…

you win