Building a New Computer Soon.... Read First..

This may change your mind on what CPU you buy…

http://www.overclockers.com/tips00949/

Mind you, the Intel variety has been seen to outperform the AMD variety by a significant margin…

THose are just the AMD X2 CPUs. They should have used Opteron chips. Same as the X2 chips, but DOUBLE the L2 cache, and almost the same price.

$325 for a dual-core AMD Opteron 165 1.8GHz chip. They are also amazing overclockers, able to get over 1GHz + extra out of them.

The prices for the intels are quite nice, however. I guess benchmarking compared to uses of the system you intend to build will be the determining factor, and not price difference. :slight_smile:

Oh snap, the processor wars reignited. Should be interesting to see where it leads. Especially since AMD was reaching a key point of just getting into the server market. Probably be a few months to see if they can even catch up.

EDIT: Inital benchmarks using realworld testing (ex. Games) by 3rd party resources have been very impressive.

If things stay the way they seem to be (Intel back in the performance lead) I think AMD’s market share on the desktop side will start to dwindle. Time will tell and obviously nothing is solid yet but lower prices = more gooder!! :wink:

Wow, gay article.

First of all, they compared three chips with equal GHz ratings (which don’t mean shit). Everyone knows AMD gets more out of a mhz then Intel. They should at least post performance and energy usage benchmarks of all 6 chips. I must be out of the loop, where are these Intel chips outperforming AMD by a significant article?

:tup: I think it should be noted that since this guy’s had this site for at least 8 years now and you are, well you, he obviously has no idea what he is talking about… :roll2: Anyway, since Conroe isn’t out yet officially, we only have pre-benchies to go on. This site is in german but I think you are even smart enough to read the graphs…

FX-62 is a Dual core running at 2.8ghz where Conroe is 2.66ghz…

And if you want to be a whiner and rant about DDR2 vs DDR, read this…

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2738

The article is lame. If you are going to write an article you should back up your work, he didn’t show where this information came from. WTF is a pre-bench? Something they do before the actual benchmarks? Another lame article.

You find the gayest sites I have ever seen.

:roll2: I think you’re lame and gay…

SOMONE STOLE MY MEGAHURTZ!

Omg, and I just thought my hertz just kept falling out of the CPU when I used it more. Silly me. :frowning:

Pffttt… try doing some research else where it’s not the only site with similar info. I’ve never really been much on an intel fan but they have finally woken up. So things should get interesting.

it only took 6 years for them to produce something impressive… :tup: to Conroe

still AMD>intel any day of the week

fuck what that article says

Kevin = Jerry Sanders III

lol

:word: