Bumper cover fitment on my S-10 question...

What support is used behind 98+ GMC SOnoma and olds bravadas? Does anyone know if the frame horns are the same as the 96 s-10? I asked around before I bought my rebar for my GMC bumper cover and was told that its the same as the 96 bumper (just without the end sections). So I ordered a 98+ GMC rebar… got the plain jane 96 style bumper (which I gave away my old one! DOH!) as expected and fitment is WAAAAY off. It looks like the bumper needs to be in about 5 inches in the center. Its pushed in all the way. I even cut holes for the mounting brackets off of the bumper cover to slide back further. It SHOULD work from what I’ve been told but its obviously not the right part unless I am missing something major…

its the same & there foam that goes on top the bar!

no its not! THe GMC rebar has a dip in the center apparently. It’s definitely, 100%, NOT the 94-97 S-10 bumper. Can you find me just the rebar? and any foam that might be with it? lookin for 98+ GMC/OLDS rebar.

ebay man…theres one on there for like 40 something

got a link?

no link…but just go into ebaymotors - car & truck parts and and set the year for 98 and the make gmc and search

The item I bought was this: 7979394703

and they sent me the wrong one! Fuckin A, I made them confirm it was a GMC one at least 3 times before I bought it, and once after i got it. its too late to bitch at them and return it. but I will still try.

u can make it work,i have

yeah, by the looks of it, I j ust need to do the sawzall mod and make a place to mount the bumper cover to… fuckin pricks send me the wrong one… I wish I would’ve known it was wrong at the time. it just pisses me off that i didn’t test fit it back in june.