burnouts

i have ont seen 2 or 3 semi trucks do some burnouts and i thought it was awsome seeing these big trucks lay down some rubber strips
wat u guys/girls think
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Drz5POxZY8c

pretty sick. but all you really have to do is spike the rear 4 brakes and then you only have fronts (line lock) and you could prob do that to any truck if you had enough balls.

i knew that semis had a TON of torque to pull the loads they pull but i didnt kno the had enough to break the tires loose like that so easily considering how heavy they r…(remember im used to cars not big ass trucks like that)

huh

spiking the rear brakes: we use them when towing the big trucks and and air cant be run to the brakes that are on the ground. (if lifting from the front, spike the rears: if towing from the rear, spike the fronts)

they are T-bolts that go into the canisters and grab the springs and pull the brake shoes away from the drums. basically spike the rear 4 canisters and then the rear 4 brakes dont work. and only the fronts will…

so what your saying the brake chambers can be fucked with

nice…at Truck carlisle theres always a couple Big Rigs that enter the Burn out competition

Do you mean caging them? I’ve caged truck brakes but never heard of spiking them.

I’m lost. Not my duty to tow :rofl:

at our work we refer to it as spiking them. it very well could be called caging them. its a T bolt in the small hole in the brake canister then tightened down to release the giant ass spring.

brake chambers and S-cam :slight_smile:

brake chambers is what im referring to as canisters and the Scam is not what im talkin about

the T-bolt is a bolt shaped like a T that goes into the canister (brake chamber) and grabs the giant spring that holds the Scam

makes sense now

remember i didnt go to a real class. i learn from guys that know what the fuck they are doing. just dont know how to fuckin speak civilized english. they speak like “green countyease” or something so iknow that im tlakin about just not how to relay it to the smart people :bigthumb:

Hell if i know, I rarely pull on even the slack adjusters :rofl:
just a driver not a mechanic/wrecker :slight_smile:

slack adjuster stopped working on my truck about a month ago. its amazing how much worse a truck with stop with 3 brakes instead of 4. i would tighten it up… it would back itself off within 10 miles of driving in the city. luckily it only weighs 15500 and is not a giant truck or class B for that matter.

Back in the 70’s. the drivers would disable the front brakes from the videos i seen. reason be: they wanted steering and afraid of locking up :nuts:

Bad enough missing a downshift on a decent size downgrade and the brakes heating up. couldn’t imagine 1 or more brakes out.

thats hard core there…

when we (the mechanic at work and i watched) pulled the drums to replace them on my f.bed. 3 were shinier then chrome. (glazed over) and one was rusty (slack adjuster was bad) so i think i know what happens when only one doesnt work. couldnt imagine 2 not working on a real truck.