busted running AIM at work today

yellow post-it on my computer when i get there…“AIM not permitted in this evironment!!” :owned:

ugh. i tried running AIM express today with no luck?? firewall issues maybe?

:doh: :owned: :owned: :owned:

Definately… My work is forever shutting off my Yahoo IM. But I told them I had a legitimate work reason for it and I get it back… but they usually take it again… back and forth… back and forth. Depending on what you do there you could say you need to contact customers or something.

We use it because it follows your log in, whether I’m in the lab or on the floor…good to go (Yahoo IM)

my work shut down my yahoo cause it was fuckin up my PC, they let me use MSN thou

:rofl:

we use AIM for work… they would rather have us use personal IM then be on the phone talking to friends or family

hahahahahaha - that’s why I love being in IT. I get all of the fun stuff and take it off all of the other people in the company.

i don’t let people use dick for instant messenging…

i try not to be hypocritical.

noone says anything here…i would be pissed if the took it away. i dont use it much lately anyways tho.

AIM is only as useful as the person you’re typing to, but IMO nothing gets work done like phone calls… they make ppl unconfortable and they can here the seriousness in your voice.

lol, im not allowed to surf at work. If I do I get in trouble. Here I am at 1pm surfing because this place can suck my dick.

Usualy around 5 when adminstration leaves and my buddy next to me leaves… I log in the box next to me(call center so shits all close) and surf

Ha! We just implemented Lotus Notes as our mail service and now noone is aloowed to use AIM, Yahoo, MSN. Everyones pissed off because Lotus has an IM called Sametime that the whole company has to be on, and we can only chat with associates.

I love notes, and sametime is definitely cool shit!

we use lotus notes here also, it’s not bad.

I dont think its to bad but the hardcore AIM people are ticked. I like the sametime meetings. We got rid of WebEx which was a pain in the ass. It was always so slow.

actually people are there to work not to gossip and bull shit all day…that will drive productivity up…

we have a lotus notes server… my first project when i started here was to migrate a dying lotus notes server to exchange 2k… that was 2 years ago and the lotus box is still up!

sametime is decent… hell exchange messaging works too!

i tell my people to get together in person for a meeting, or use the video conferencing for interoffice meetings… otherwise, get to work adn stop fucking around chatting!

If our guys said that… look out…