Buy a catalytic converter locally?

I can’t find an auto store that has universal catalytic converters. Advanced Retards and Auto Stoned have them listeed but want me to pay extra and wait a few weeks because they don’t have them in stock even though it’s their own fault.

Anyways, I need a 2 1/4 catalytic converter by Friday, is it really this hard to find one? Where should I go?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Nevermind, Napa has them in stock locally.

rockauto would probably be able to get you one by friday as well…

Try skyway auto parts on tift street

why by friday? cut yours off and gut it

I have a header + straight pipe but I’m tired of the fumes and trying to find a sticker. Gonna return it to stock and put it up for sale but first I want it inspected so it’s legit.

if you go to a quick lube no one will check for a cat, as long as there’s no CEL on you’re good, and if there is you can get an antifouler for like 20$ and have someone on here install it for ya

I’d assume he’s throwing a CEL, which is why he’s looking for a cat. I can GUARANTEE that a cat is the first thing a yard cuts out of the car and sells to R+R or any other place that buys them. Autopart international would most likely have a cat for your car, and they are pretty damn cheap too.

I think K&S on river rd has them but they might not have the exact size.

i highly doubt its throwing a CEL, but for NYS state inspection he is required to have a cat visually in place or it will fail.

Which is why he would do this:

The fumes are what bothers me the most, I can’t stand it when I’m idling.

thats because you have a leak^^^ I have no fumes

Try PEPBOYS Last time I worked there they carried them.