Buying a new car for about 5k

I had a 2004 Saab 93 ARC edition. 2.0L turbo. the 93 linear package was 180 hp irc, and slow as balls. The Arc and the Aero (aero is only body kit stuff) are the same 2.0 motor with a different turbo, making 210hp. When you see the back badges of a 93 the 2.0t is the little turbo the 2.0T is the bigger one.

It was a great car. A bunch of electrical issues, but the thing handled GREAT, better than the 06 2.0T passat we have now, and had good power… not as quick as the 2.0T passat is though. the Saab would get it down low VS the Passat, but the VW would walk it on a 60 roll to pass something on the highway.

Brakes on the 93 are better than the VW, interior is nice. Suspension had some creaky issues in the winter, cold stiff bushings. I really liked the car though.

My friend also just got a 08 93, which i guess has the same ARC/AERO motor as our old car. it feels exactly like the 93 steff had. interior changed a bit, and the handeling got better. I could tell alot of the little things that bugged me in the 04 were fixed in this one.

the 95’s are a bigger car, steff’s father had a 2004 95 Aero. its a bigger motor making a little more power. 2.3T made like 260/260 IRC. But it felt like a bigger car when i beat on it. Would stay right next to the 06 Passat everywhere.

2003 and older 95’s 2.3L motors had some sludge issues, that in 04 were “fixed”. And the 2004+'s can be tuned, pistons, rods, everything and make 400+whp. but the auto doesn’t like the power from what i read.

if your interested, talk to or PM Fasttwins on here, Darryl and see if he can source you a Saab. they are very nice cars, Steff actually keeps saying she wishs she got another saab instead of the Passat.