cable modem question

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:20,topic:25077"”]

I’m well aware of the legendary 3100s, and I love my motorola nor have I touched it since I’ve had it installed. But compared to the RCAs the 425s have proved quite good much unlike the old shit ones, at least based on experience thus far.

[/quote]

but i odn’t get what makes them better… Its not like it can do anything more than a motorola. I htink im just overthinking this and zodiac is actually lost. How can it be better at networking?

the guy said it you loose a few megs with the motorola one over a home network because it is splitting the connection plus traffic on my node can account for loss as well. he said the RCA one would let me have a few more megs persecond. or what not

ROFL

What does the cable modem have to do with your home network?

im just telling you what he told me? he said with my motorola modem i loose a few megs splitting the connection and the traffic. he stated that the new rca modem allowed me to gain back that few extra megs. hey im greddy in this aspect cause you get what you pay for right?
i just want to get the most for my money, so i was looking to see if there was truth to this. if not then i shall be happy with what i have.

Was he a cable tech or internet tech?

[quote=“jabbu,post:25,topic:25077"”]

Was he a cable tech or internet tech?

[/quote]

I don’t think it matters. I worked there for 5 (god aweful) years. Never once was one modem faster than another. Sounds like they are giving you a line. There were some modems that would drop out and some that would just overheat but pretty much when they were up, they were up.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:26,topic:25077"”]

I don’t think it matters. I worked there for 5 (god aweful) years. Never once was one modem faster than another. Sounds like they are giving you a line. There were some modems that would drop out and some that would just overheat but pretty much when they were up, they were up.

[/quote]

LOL at the overheating ones, Mark told me a story about one actually overheating and catching on fire lol.

i fogot which one that was but it happened to a few of them all the same model.

lol wasn’t that the old toshibas?

It doesn’t matter which tech came out, but the cable/tv techs say some funny shit about the internet side.

yeah they do. they used to take off all the time before the self install page ran. Then they would call and ask me to provision their shit all the time.

the only way it would be slower is if u hooked it up via usb instead of cat 5.

and just so u know

motorola >rca crap.

My old Terayon used to be hot enough to fry eggs on it. It worked great for a year, but as soon as I unplugged it. It would never pass it’s own power-on self-test. Such shit modems, but at least they narrow down troubleshooting for you should anything fail. :lol:

I look at field techs, and half the people you talk to. Like car salesmen, if they don’t know they make it up so you shut up.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:32,topic:25077"”]

My old Terayon used to be hot enough to fry eggs on it. It worked great for a year, but as soon as I unplugged it. It would never pass it’s own power-on self-test. Such shit modems, but at least they narrow down troubleshooting for you should anything fail. :lol:

I look at field techs, and half the people you talk to. Like car salesmen, if they don’t know they make it up so you shut up.

[/quote]

What are you talking about? I do that constantly on the phone, if someone asks me some random stupid question I’ll make up something just to get them to shut up lol

ok i guess i will stick with the motorola then

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:33,topic:25077"”]

What are you talking about? I do that constantly on the phone, if someone asks me some random stupid question I’ll make up something just to get them to shut up lol

[/quote]

Btw, my last day is thursday. I better see a cake or something when I come in, or at least a siqqqqq toy subaru. :tup:

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:35,topic:25077"”]

Btw, my last day is thursday. I better see a cake or something when I come in, or at least a siqqqqq toy subaru. :tup:

[/quote]

Thursday is my Friday so I’m out at 945, what time are you in?

Ick, 11pm

Ahhh shitty, if I could be routed to you I would call in.
So last day does that mean its going to be release every call day? Lol

I wish haha, but no I’m not doing anything like that I need the reference.

Lol how would they know? You got all your QA’s back by now I imagine lol.