Docsis 3.0 & TW

One of the nerds down in our tech support just recently bought a Docsis 3.0 cable modem and is now getting 100MB throughput tested from various sites…

The guy sent out some screenshots to some people here and is one of the lead juniper techs, so im inclined to belive him…

He bough the moto surfboard from bb…

anybody know if this will work in all areas?

It will be coming sometime soon they’re upgrading the CMTS’s now.

They’re currently beta testing it with some departments.

apparently he has it working… would it be worth it to try on my own? or do you think he got lucky ?

Maybe after they roll this out I can watch a fucking youtube video on my 15 (more like 25) Mb connection without waiting for 20 minutes of buffering

Plugging in a DOCSIS 3 modem won’t get you those speeds the modem needs to be provisioned with a boot file for those speeds.

Ryanmcell will probably jump in and comment more on this

Yeah there are boot files that control your speeds, by plugging in a modem you won’t get 100MB.

Even with a custom bootfile hacked on the back end you can’t get 100MB with the current technology as most the nodes on the poles were only rated for 42MBp/s (this may have changed since I was there) but the technology hadn’t been rolled out when I was there.

I am sure there are areas where the nodes and CMTS’ are being upgraded and people have been picked to do so, but I still doubt he has it. PM me his name if you want and I will get info to see if his story is true bs or not :stuck_out_tongue:

Ryan they have almost all the CMTS’s upgraded now :slight_smile:

And I know they can do 50Mb down.

Sounds like it’s time for you to volunteer for beta testing :wink:

Maybe this will also help reduce the congestion that was there when I was.

50mb is the max, I highly doubt he is actually getting near 100mb speeds.

Jabbu do you work in Tier 3?

No sir.

Comcast is actually testing new chips that bond 8 channels, we bond 4 now, with a throughput of 250megabits a second…

fios what???

I will have to hit up some people tomorrow and see whats up with the upgrade…

and lolz at the funny PMs I get from people because Jeff changed my custom title dick…I guess we are even for the free Verizon jokes.

About time this started showing up.

Can I haz free RoadRunner down here?

to bad TW tv still sucks balls.

sucks der angel no longer does modem hacking anymore, tcniso used to be the site.

FUCKING FINALLY!!!

I only made mention in this thread because Jabbu works for TW as a service tech and don’t want rumors being spread about my custom title :lol:

<–Tier 3 but I am not saying shit

Work for TW? You don’t want people knowing you hooked me up with free docsis 3???

:lol: