Calabogie Drivers school /open track Aug 22-24th

Patroon Chapter BMWCCA at Calabogie Motorsports Aug 22nd -24th 2008

Patroon Chapter BMWCCA is holding a drivers school/HPDE/ Lapping days at Calabogie Motorsports in Ontario Canada Aug 22-24th 2008 on the long course.
If you have not heard of Calabogie, it is a track that opened in 2006. 20 turns in 3.05 miles. It is a Alan Wilson designed track that will be challenging for both the novice and experienced driver. Nice smooth 40 foot wide pavement, some blind apexes, multi apex turns --a real drivers track.
Check out the track at www.calabogiemotorsports.com

Friday will be a day for instructors and open track participants (Advanced solo/Instructor candidates and open track type participants) non Patroon BMWCCA members will need to submit a resume/CV of experience to qualify for the open track portion. ( send to dmcardle@nycap.rr.com)

Saturday and Sunday will incorporate an HPDE/Driving school format to learn about your car, the track and yourself with in-car instruction provided in addition to open track and instructor sessions.

• Entry fees $US 399.00 for Sat & Sunday registration
  • Add Friday open track for $200 for a total of $US $599 for 3 days.
  • We will offer a one day rate of $249 for Friday for open track only or for open track or HPDE on Saturday or Sunday -space permitting)
  • Registration is available online at www.patroon.motorsportreg.com
    Open track participants should expect up to 3-4 hrs of track time each day.

Who is Patroon BMWCCA? We are a BMWCCA chapter which has held high performance drivers schools for over 22 years at tracks like Lime Rock Park ( 2 x a year) Watkns Glen and back in the 90’s at Mt Tremblant. We welcome BMW, Mini and NON BMW’s to our events. www.Patroonbmw.org

General Questions contact DJ at dmcardle@nycap.rr.com

Qualified Instructors needed ( no charge) Contact Al Demisko patrooninstreg@optonline.net

Space still available. I know a lot of clubs have cancelled events this year. This one is going to happen.

HPDE students will see up to 2 hrs a day of track time in addition to classroom time.

Open track 3-3.5 hrs a day on Sat/Sun

No convertibles…

I know–Not a rule I agree with.

IF you have a full cage you can run a convertible with Patroon as a student.

Instructors or open track can run with a roll bar.
If you are a student --and need some track time, another club I run with allows convertibles with just roll bars.

www.COMSCC.com --running at Mosport Sept 8-9th. HPDE and Time trail with COM.

looks like a real badass track, lots of fun corners, high speeds and murder on brakes

They still require an after market roll bar, which are imho less safe than factory ones. Plus They’d have to be real tall to provide 2" over the helmet (i.e no way the top would close over it)

Very Technical track. Not as high speed as say Watkins Glen or Mt Tremblant. I did not get as much brake wear as at WGI --but it was my first time there ( back in May)

Calabogie is a track that keeps on giving, once you think you have it down --you realize there is another–possibly faster way through the corners.
Blind apexes too!

Maksim --You are right. Not many clubs ( PCA being an exception) allow factory roll bars. One of the guys with COM runs an S2000 with a custom top to clear the bar. The Miatas mostly run hard tops --but you can run without a top in COM. --with an approved roll bar.

Yeah, it might have to come down to that, I guess it is dunnville for me for now.