Cam Angle Sensor Installation on an SR20 Redtop?

Hi all,

I recently purchased a redtop SR, and the previous owner told me he had removed the cam angle sensor before he pulled the motor to prevent any possible damage to it by being knocked around while on the engine… well now i’m about to swap the engine in, but can’t find any instructions on how to properly re-install it. I figured that i have to put the motor to TDC, then line up the gear somehow, and then slide it in, bolt it down, but i need to know exactly what to do cause its kind of a vital part of the engine lol. If anyone can tell me how to properly re-install it, that would be awesome.

P.S. I have access to mitchell OnDemand and Alldata online, if that helps any. I’ve already tried looking for a similar engine to the SR (SR20DE, etc.) but i dont believe theres anything thats USDM/CDM that use the same engine. Correct me if i am wrong of course.

Thanks,
Dan.

I think this will help

I just did mine last month…you have to google everything!

thanks a lot nitrowsb. Yea i was in a rush when i made this post, then right after i made it i was like, “wait a minute, i haven’t tried google yet:oops:” lol. I actually found that exact page and did it in all of 5 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

i didnt think the sr20 was a timing chain? is that the sr20 or another motor?

that is an SR20 in that link, and yes, SR20’s have timing chains, just like KA’s (thank god)

i learnt something new today and it makes me very happy!

belt > chain…