Canisius Quad Party '09/Buffalo Bar Crawl EDITED w/ BarCrawl Info

This Friday, May 1st.

Just got word this morning from an inside man working in campus Public Safety that police presence will be NOTHING like it was last year…apparently they realized how excessive it was and how little they actually did/accomplished by paying so many officers from so many towns so much overtime to babysit some college kids wanting to have a party.

That said, i’ll be in attendance for kegs and eggs on Eastwood starting at 7AM…

And since i didn’t feel like posting a separate thread for the bar crawl, and since they’re both on the same day…i’ve made one single thread for both events…to cater to the other true alcohol enthusiasts on NYSpeed.

I dunno if it was 10 bars for $14 or 14 bars for $10…you get the idea. These are usually a good time too.

7AM Friday to 4AM Saturday binge time…anybody else in for either or both?

PS:

InB4drinking&drivingcomments

EDIT:

Here’s the info off the Facebook event page:

The Mayhem Returns for the Spring:
–THE 3RD BIANNUAL BUFFALO BAR CRAWL –
http://www.buffalobarcrawl.com

(Sponsored By Coors Light & Molson!)

Get a souvenir beer stein (yours to keep!) plus FREE cover and $2-$3 drinks specials at FOURTEEN bars on Chippewa Street - all for only ten bucks! Visit all 14 bars and receive a FREE Buffalo Bar Crawl T-shirt!

Participating Bars:
● SoHo
● Omega Lounge
● Liars
● La Luna/3rd Room
● Brinks
● PURE Nightclub
● 67 West
● Bottoms Up
● Bayou
● SubZero
● Jack Devine’s
● Quote
● Bada Bing
● Venue

More info at: http://www.buffalobarcrawl.com

►HOW IT WORKS:
At 8pm on Friday, May 1st, the ‘Buffalo Bar Crawl’ tent will be set up on Chippewa in between Soho and Subzero. There, ten bucks gets you three things:

• Bracelet good for FREE cover & drink specials at 14 bars
  • A souvenir 14 oz. beer stein (yours to keep!)
  • An official ‘Buffalo Bar Crawl’ scorecard

As you enter each participating bar, the doorman will hole punch your score card proving you were there. As you travel Chippewa enjoying $2-$3 drink specials, your scorecard will start to fill up! Once you’ve been to ALL 14 participating bars, return to the Bar Crawl tent and hand in your fully hole-punched scorecard for a FREE Buffalo Bar Crawl t-shirt!
[We will be selling bracelets/beer steins from 8pm - 3am]

►EXCLUSIVE DRINK SPECIALS:
Each bar will have three drink specials exclusive to bar crawlers: One shot, one mixed drink, and one beer. Most specials are for $2… NONE are over $3! Check out the list of EVERY bar’s drink specials here: http://www.buffalobarcrawl.com/bars.html

►GET THERE EARLY:
In September, over 3,200 people participated in the bar crawl! This Spring we are expecting over 4,000. Beer steins and t-shirts are limited (4k steins, 2k t-shirts) and will be handed out on a first come, first served basis. Get there early to avoid lines and be guaranteed a mug at the start and a t-shirt at the end!

►DRESS CODES & PROPER ID:
This is a 21+ only event…! You will have to show ID upon entrance to EVERY bar. Please have a Valid 21+ government issued ID on you at all times.

Many of the bars/clubs have strict dress codes (we’re talking mostly to the guys here). Please refrain from wearing baggy clothing, work boots, white tees, or flat brimmed hats to ensure entry at all venues.

►BE SAFE!
The bar crawl is an opportunity to sample everything that Chippewa’s bars have to offer (and for cheap!). Please note that drinking is NOT a requirement to receive a hole-punch on your scorecard, you only have to VIST each bar. If you choose to drink, please drink responsibly!

The Buffalo Bar Crawl is brought to you by The Best of Buffalo Promotions. Visit their website at: http://www.thebestofbuffalo.com

This event is sponsored by Coors Light & Molson!
Please Drink Responsibly.

All questions can be directed to Best of Buffalo Promotions by calling 716.462.4385

In for at least one, preferably both…

You said to let you know by 9 how bad the police presence is…and i decided to go the extra mile just for you and let you know 3 days in advance…no excuses now Joe.

pretty sure I’m in for bar crawl, dunno if I’ll be around for quad party tho considering I don’t have class that day

Who cares if you don’t have class? Joe and I are both graduates lol…

haha, except for the whole work thing. I’ll know at the end of the day on thursday whether it would be cool for me to take off

lol awesome. well, maybe I’ll see how the day goes and stop by for a bit

I’ll be out for the bar crawl. Might be around for quad party, not sure.

Last year REALLY sucked with all the riot cops and BS.

<-----bar crawler…unless I dont get back in time.

This is in my back yard :slight_smile:

Party at my house if anyone is in and wander around with drunk college chicks. Thinking about taking off Friday afternoon or the whole day so I don’t have to deal with parking.

What time is it start and any definite places to go before the bar crawl

it starts around 7-8AM. everyone is in full drinking swing by 9am. I’m a veteran of the past 6 quad parties, including hosting 2, so if you have any more questions hit me up… or Andy is also a pro by this time.

The best was '07 when we had the live band in front of our house and we put out 5 free kegs. we cashed it all.

I am thinking about starting around noon. The day will be long with the bar crawl after. I am on Glendale if anyone wants to swing by

everyone asses out around 4-5:00 usually. Then you hit up the free pizza in palisano at like 7 or 8 and start pregaming for the bar crawl.

7AM start time usually…people start to slow down by 3ish i’d say…then parties resume around 5 and go for a few more hours, but those are mostly pre game parties for bar events…and the fact that this year’s spring bar crawl falls on the same day as quad party is going to be devastating for so many livers.

Last year i ended up going out til 4AM after having started at 8AM for quad party…20 hours of drinking followed by an entire weekend spent in bed lol.

And shit…i have to dig up my student ID so i can get into the school sponsored free food functions…

Lol.

I think I will be on the party wave at 5pm before the bar crawl. :slight_smile:

UGHHHHHH

F…M…L…

Just checked my calendar, i have the personal watercraft course at 8AM Saturday…

Eh. I went to the bar crawl a couple of years back. It was ok for the first few bars, but then it got to the point where it was so crowded that we couldnt get drinks. We would walk into the bar, get out little card punched and move on. Got out t-shirt and booked back to amherst to do some real drinking

i think everyone should shit on byrons front yard this year, seeings how there is no swat!

They are suspending students for full semesters this quad party, arresting any unruly non canisius students and removing seniors from graduation if they are found to be breaking the law during quad party.

I’m so over the stupidity of quad party. It was fun once and after that it has just become more and more like an episode of bromance.

I’ll be down there for the crawl. :tup: