Car and driver C7 interior review

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii498/textbook7/Mode_selector.jpg

Looks like it can’t be completely defeated. Traction control can be turned off but active handling/stabilitrak can only be put into comp mode. Still allows you to do sweet burnouts though. What else do you really need???

Considering it can do a burnout and a third pedal, I’m sure you won’t be missing out on the fun factor. I get wanting full control of the car, but complaining about there being too much technology is kinda silly when given 5 different modes that you can drive the car in. I’m willing to bet that GM took a good hard look at what happens when everything is turned off. Hell, if I get on it in competitive driving mode in my C6, the car can have traction issues as it is without even getting into turning everything off. The rev-match feature is something that would be off at all times though :wink:

Am I the only one who is upset about the electronic e-brake? It’s nice for my Regal and other luxury brands but I think it’s a big faux pas on this car, WTF is someone going to have to do to make this mechanical.

oh come on… it rev matches for you?

I guess I’m a bit of a purest… For 50k I’d take a gen II viper… Or a modded C6…or a c7 sans bullshit lol.

I noticed the electronic ebrake too. I bet you can’t engage it over 5mph haha.

It’s a rwd GTR. If I drive one, hell maybe I’ll love it. I’d like to jump in it and see how she does in a nice long high speed drift. Oh wait

I know the C6 in competition mode will still let you get way out of shape on the track, but usually prevents you from completely eating dirt. I think this setup is a positive thing. In the first video they said it does not use the brakes in competition mode to make a correction so at least you don’t have that there to spoil your fun/

At least it doesn’t use the brakes. I think all th nannies on my F150 left a sour taste in my mouth. I hate pulling fuses to have fun.