What the story with this Vette?

Saw someone posting pictures of this on facebook today, noticed it was a Basil car.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1395205_10151918631452988_1741496652_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1379248_10151918631572988_1908292973_n.jpg

There isn’t a story behind it. It’s out for sale at basil as far as I know. They’ve gotten a few and that’s the only one I’ve ever seen actually hit the lot. Not a lot of dealers around here with them from what I’ve personally seen so far. The c7 is so sexy.

From what I’ve heard that’s the only one that wasn’t sold before it got here! Sharp looking cars.

Yeah I drove by it today. It looks really nice in person.

Ugh,I’m sure Shia Labeouf approves of that rear.

New era has a new c7 stingray. Beautiful cars

So does Walter White.

I was next to a grey c7 on main yesterday… super sexy

so hot…

If you drive around the back of the lot sometimes you’ll see one still in its protective wrap, not yet detailed for public display.

The ass on the c7 is hideous enough for me to not even consider it.

I am not a fan…It looks like a decepticon from the back and when Chevrolet has an original thought that does not make the past 2 gens look like something they pulled from Ferraris garbage can, I would think higher of it.

I remember when the C6 came out I felt the same as many here. Too extreme, didn’t care fr many of the features etc.

My only dings on this gen are the chrome looking piece in the front bumper. Easy fix

On the rear… I don’t hate it but think making it more subtle could help. All one color, I don’t like the fins or whatever they are(black portion) around the tails.

• Updated - - -

With all that said I would drive the hell out of one. I really can’t wait to see what technology comes from the new drivetrain and how the aftermarket responds to it.

They look way better in person for some reason

yeah there def is a lot of ferrari going on with this thing in the first pic, which i like… the that rear end… i actually cant believe it was released like that.

i’m sure it does look better in person though

Get a black one or a dark gray one, then you won’t see so much contrast in the back.

They are fast as hell:

Paddock has one in the showroom also.

I’ve seen a red one out by Lockport/Lewistion or so in a guys driveway and a few when I travel to Michigan for paintball. The back looks better in person but could still use some work. Still a sexy car to me

Chevy is catching a ton of flack for that rear end … Same designer as the Aztek and C6. So he has done some good and bad work. He has a good mind for it but, is to far ahead in the trend sometimes for his own good.

And thus is the problem with American car makers…the guy who created the Aztek should have never ever ever ever ever ever ever been allowed to design a car for production ever again