Car Shows

Well awhile ago i discovered a few shows on Streetfire that i think most of you would be interested in.

One of them is called “Forum Wars”, which pits two people from different forms against each other. Usually it will be from competitive models like mustang vs camaro, Civic vs Golf GTi, etc. in competition of Speed (Drag, AutoX Time Attack and Slalom)

The next is a british show where a guy goes around buying popular used cars and having his mechanic fix them up then sell the vehicles in an attempt to make profit, its called “Wheeler Dealers”. Though they usually do cheap cars like Minis and VW Beetles, they’ve also done pricey vehicles like Ferrari 308 GTS4, Jaguar XKE (E-Type), Jensen Interepter, Porsche 911, Chevrolet Vette C4, BMW 840ci, Audi Quattro, etc. It also has some rather odd cars like Mini Moke, Baja Bug, Triumph Stag.

Another show similar to Wheeler Dealers but it only deals with restoration of classics. Its called “Wreck Rescue”

Overhaulin is a show where the family take owners old run down classics and trick them into thinking it was sold or stolen, while its being restored then surprise the owner with it returned to original glory.

Finally, /Drive on youtube is a channel about cars and webepisodes that are uploaded daily and weekly, with alot of cool and diverse videos from testing out the viper powered C1 vette to an 800hp, Race coverage, Manufacturer HQ interviews and tours (Pagani, Ferrari, etc) to pointless but entertaining debates (Best car for 5g, 10g, 20g) and even reminiscence of classic racing, driving movies and what cars serial killers.

I know these shows are no where near TopGear quality but feel free to add to the thread if you have other shows.

“Wheeler Dealers” :smash2:

^ those guys are complete hacks, I saw them “professionally” paint a car using spray paint… right

There was some consideration on our part about the forum wars thing a while ago, but I can’t remember why it didn’t go further than an idea.

in 2062 when I finish my camaro. I will see about entering the camaro in forum wars

Didn’t Royal Purple stop hosting Forum Warz after Season 2?

The Wheeler Dealers’ accent bugs my wife, so I watch it often. The incredibly tall guy’s hair looks like he just stepped on camera after a rollover accident. Like watching him drive small sports cars with his ankles at 9:00 and 3:00. Like the “partner’s” job. Here’s a mess of shit. I’ll be back when it’s all “sorted”.

I like Wheeler Dealers, but I enjoy anything with a British accent and old cars on lifts. No they aren’t doing frame-offs but who gives a rat’s ass. It’s fun to watch.

Autoblog has their 1001 Car Things To Do Before You Die, with Jessi Combs from Overhaulin’ / All Girl’s Garage (another guilty pleasure of mine, what can I say).