CD Review: System of a Down - Hypnotize

I’m sure some of you (newman) will have negativity towards SOAD as a band but I happen to really like them.

I have all of their CD’s and I can listen to all of them in their entirety without skipping a song.

Their newest CD Hypnotize is no different, and in fact, is my favorite of the 5 major releases thus far.

This new album has a bit more of a mellow tone than previous releases, but still maintains the signature style that people have come to expect from SOAD. I feel like this album is a bit deeper and everytime I listen I am picking out new and different nuances in the music. Their songs are strangely addicting and catchy. I find myself singing them all day long and not feeling the least bit annoyed that I can’t get them outta my head.

If you have liked previous System of a Down CD’s, then I would recommend thier newest.

Rating: 4.8 of 5

System of a Down is not my type of music at all but for some reason I fucking love them.

I hadnt heard of them until chop suey and something about that song got me really into them.

The last song on Mesmerize > *

i love the title track for it(hypnotize), it kicks ass. im not really sure why i like them either, i just do. i usually dont like “political” bands :shrug:

i like them. no one i live with does, but i like them…

no one you live with likes a lot of what you like. (mostly drinking lol)

fair enough… as much as beck says oh ya i drink, i give him a beer and he takes like 2 sips of it. then i call him a pussy.

ps i’m drunk at 527 pm… envy me.

Another SOAD fan over here. I have all there CDs as well.

Little known fact: They are only the second band to have two Billboard Top Ten Albums in the same year. The other band you ask, why the Beatles of course!

Kinda cool when a band is spitting out albums left and right. Even more impressive is the fact that both albums rock!

Absolutely! I was worried that Hypnotize wouldn’t be as good as Mezmerize. But, I think its better.