Damn I love Nirvana!

On the radio this morning someone was talking about Kurt Cobain which made me want to listen to Nirvana. So I went to the old CD collection and dusted off my copy of In Utero and Incesticide and brought them to work with me.

I am sitting here listening right now and I can’t get over how much I still love this music. Its fantastic. At the risk of sounding like an old man, you just don’t get good music like this anymore. I’m sure not everyone agrees with me but damnit I am certainly tapping my toes this morning.

Yeah, Nirvana, reminds me of a cover band I used to be in back in highschool. Good stuff!

i have been listening to a lot of nirvana on my ipod. i forgot how many good songs they had :frowning:

Sorry, I got to ruin the fun here.

I hate Nirvana. Always did. Probably always will.

"I’m so horny, that’s Ok my will is good… yeeeeeeeeea yeah… "

That line from Lithium is one of my favorite song lyrics…

Thats unfortunate.:smiley:

I gotta agree there isn’t much good music nowadays. Fuck all you hear is people praising system of a down and to tell you the truth those guys really really suck. i was never a nirvana fan but they didn’t suck. I do have to say that if it weren’t for kurt dying i woulden’t have the foo fighters though.

“ill eat you cancer when it turns black” lol wtf kkurt??? ive been debting pickin them up on vinyl and now im going too.

Amen sister

i’m with 91mr2 on this one

I’m going to have to agree and disagree at the same time. I love System of a Down. For some reason their music sticks in my head all day and I don’t mind at all. I have every album and one off track from them.

All you people hating on Nirvana I’d love to know what bands you prefer. Older or newer doesn’t matter. I think my love for Nirvana goes back to my impressionable days which was when they first came out.

My theory on why older people think new music sucks has to do with the time of life you heard certain music. Anything I listened to from about 8th-12th grade I think is great. But those were some of the most impressionable and memorable times for a youngster and they really form who you are. There are so many memories associated with certain songs.

For example, any OLP, Incubus or punk music I listen to takes me back to when I first met my fiance. That was the music we listened to together and the kind of concerts we went to. I don’t know if its the music that I like or if its the feeling I had at the time I listened to that music.

Alright sorry for getting starting to get deep.

I love everything from Dean Martin to Slipknot. I just don’t care for Kurt’s nasal-grunge voice or his songs

What do you know, your engine is all flat, thats stupid. Thats part of the problem i cant get it out of my head, their vocals are what really does it i think.

umm…ok…brother…?

JaysGreenLX, I listen to a lot of hardcore, punk, and other stuff in the like that is hard to categorize (Strike Anywhere, Good Riddance, Stretch Armstrong, Bigwig, Fairweather, Rise Against, Pulley, so on…). I have no beef with anyone into nirvana. Like what you like, that’s fine. It’s just that when I hear nirvana, I want to start shooting, or commit a hate-crime, or any random deviant act you can think if.

Their lyrics are retarded. I’ll admit that, but somehow they always make it catchy. Their newest CD has a song where they keep repeating “Banana teracota pie” WTF?? But there I am singing it like a tool.

P.S. Leave my engine alone. Yours is just as flat as mine

MCC-
I am a huge Dean Martin and Slipknot fan. I have diverse tastes musically.

hahah

I wasn’t asking what others liked to rag on it. I just find it interesting. It gives a lot of insight into who people are.

Up up up and down turn turn turn around round round round about and over again. Yeah nirvana had some good shit but…

System of a Down > Most bands around right now.

I even hate their style of music and 90% of the kind of people who like them. But every person in that band is crazy talented. And I appreciate talent, which makes me like them.

Incesticide = one of my first cds. along with the blue album, and dookie. :tup: nirvana

That gives me an idea.