Your top five albums of all time?

What are your personal five favorite albums of all time? Thought this would be a fun thread after looking through some of my older CDs, found a bunch of stuff I haven’t listened to in a while. I was going to make this a top three but I have way too many favorites to do that.

Before we start this, PLEASE EVERYONE, THESE ARE OPINIONS ONLY. I’m not starting a debate of what are the top five albums of all time, just your personal favorites. So no criticizing, just name your favorite five and move on.

No real order for me, but:

1. OK Computer - Radiohead
  2. Futures - Jimmy Eat World
  3. Weezer - Blue Album
  4. Nightmare of You - Self Titled (my personal favorite from the last five years so far, good stuff)
  5. Muse - Absolution

Reason for picking these albums is because out of everything I own, these are the five that I almost NEVER skip any songs on. That’s the definition of a great album to me, all good music, no filler.

Honorable Mention: Anything by All/Descendents (really got me deep into music when i was a kiddo), Further Seems Forever - How to Start a Fire, and This Providence - Our Worlds Divorce

1.Silverstein-Discovering the Waterfront
2.The offspring-Smash
3.Killswitch engage-The end of heartache
4.Linkin Park-Meteora
5.Rise Against-The sufferer and the witness

I can listen to any one of these at any time without skipping a song.

In no particular order:

1. Nirvana - In Utero
  2. Guns n’ Roses - Appetite for Destruction
  3. OutKast - ATLiens
  4. Sublime - Sublime
  5. Nas - Illmatic

There are so many more I could add to this list.

I’m not going to go to Top 5, but I’ll do 2.

Sublime - 40 oz to Freedom
Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight

In no particular order:

The Beatles - Rubber Soul
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush

hmmmm this is tough. only 5

zeppelin III
weezer- pinkerton
sublime- 40 oz
jawbreaker- dear you (thank you newman)
brand new- any of them? heh

i could go on for hours

edit: really thinking about it now.

hmmmmm tough I will narrow it down as much as I can

1- Anything Morrison era Doors
2- Anything Zeppelin
3- The Gathering- Mandylion- very underrated female fronted band, think Lacuna Coil but 10x better
Tie #3- Anything by Opeth
4- The Beatles- Revolver or Abbey Road
5- Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness- yes I have wide musical tastes

I was going to include this album in my top 5 solely based on the song SIBLY. It’s simply phenomenal and probably my favorite song ever. :shrug:

Listing 5 albums is incredibly difficult and unfortunately it hurts my brain to think this hard late at night. Maybe I’ll give it another shot tomorrow while I drone away at work. I will comment though that the artists Muddy Waters and Travis will be on there, not that anyone cares :lol:

def leppard - high ‘n’ dry; good album to go shooting/drinking on the rez to

marilyn manson - antichrist superstar; got me and my boy through HS along with tool’s lateralus

underworld - dubnobasswithmyheadman; thank you trainspotting

madonna - american life; yes i’m serious - redonk underrated.

aphex twin - selected ambient works vol. 2; great chill music.

1. Mudvayne LD.50
  2. Slipknot Vol.3 The subliminal Verses
  3. Celldweller ( self titled)
  4. Edit : Bullet for my valentine - Poison
  5. Strapping Young Lad - Alien and The New Black.

Edit 2.

1. Rammstein, Reise Reise.

Squarepusher.

^^what albums of theirs do you recommend? i can’t seem to get into what i’ve heard before, but maybe i wasn’t ready for it.

Hahaha yeah, I actually fully understand what you mean there. It’s not necessarily “beginner friendly.”

I’d recommend checking some individual tracks out on youtube first.

The “Come on My Selector” video is actually really great in good resolution. Great track too.

This song is really popular and rather chill "Red Hot Car."It’s pretty popular, not my favorite song by any means though.

I guess if you wanna download an album, try and get “Go Plastic”

wow piss poor

come on guys no criticizing, people like what they like.

Haha, yeah. You can’t insult someone’s choice in reading material, and you shouldn’t insult someone’s preference in music.

Although claiming “OK Computer” is your favorite Radiohead album makes you look pretty sketchy.

311 - 311

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy (Jam stole III)

Weezer - Blue

Weezer - Pinkerton (reluctantly)

Cursive - Happy Hollow (So good!!!)

On a side note: Has anyone listened to the new Deathcab album? I like it a lot!

what?

Hehe. I’m just saying that while that album at the time of release was great, it doesn’t really compare with the rest of their collective works. I’ve been a fan of Radiohead since Pablo Honey, have performances with Bjork on VHS, etc… it’s just my opinion that of all the styles and throughout all the transitional albums, OK Computer isn’t the best. The Bends is amazing, so is Kid A, Amnesiac. :shrug: To each their own, I guess for me at least, OK Computer just has a stigma of being their most pretentious work.

It does however, have probably my favorite Radiohead song: Exit Music