Cheap bathroom update question.

They sell tile paint at Sherwin Williams that works pretty well. I wouldn’t spray it though- roll it on. I sprayed ours with an HVLP gun and the overspray was terrible… I ended up guessing if I had covered everything because it fogged the bathroom so badly.

Hopefully you don’t have a concrete floor if you decide to pull up the old tile. My bathroom had 4" square pink tiles over a concrete floor with rebar mesh. Chipping those tiles was fuuuuuun

That’s what I had…not to mention on all the walls :fu:
Jackhammer FTW

^Not always necessary to pull up old tile…if what’s in there is still good just tile right over it.

Mine had settled and cracked, so I pulled it up. Then I found the concrete floor, so I had to chisel down any high spots and use almost a bag of floor leveler to get a decent surface. I didn’t have the time, or half the tools, to take the concrete out and lay a wood subfloor with tile board, but if I ever have to attack the bathroom again, that’s what I’ll do.

That’s hacking it though

Its actually plaster board, it came a long after mesh and lathe from what I’ve gathered. They still use it today in plaster situations.

All you can do is pick up samples and see what looks good with it and your vanity

the best thing i would suggest is i have the same bathroom its pink and white tile…Imagine That…but we made the best of it…took out old sink put in a pedestal one. they always look good and then put in a newer toilet 1.3gpf lol save the world. one flush at a time!

that the best sugguestiong.

No, it’s not. If the floor is solid and flat enough and the proper prep work is done, there’s absolutely no problem with this technique.

bamboo flooring is great for bathrooms

ive never gone over anything with grout lines
and never gone over anything if it has more than 2 layers

only thing i would go over the top of is vynl with vynl
and MAYBE ceramic over vynl

if you’re laying vynl use a small Vtooth trowel
if it’s ceramic use a alrge Vtooth trowel