Another weekend project *Bathroom remodel* ♥DONE♥ 2/19

So I have a typical South Buffalo bathroom, they are to small to make it really high end but I am gonna do my best. First I will replace the tub, tear out the walls around the tub surround and replace with cement backer board. I will be tiling the surround with a beige mosaic. The floor will be next with a matching 6x6 beige tile. The walls are all new drywall so the only wall that will be replaced is the tub surround.

The floor will also get 1/2" cement backer board. The tile on the floor will have beige grout and the walls will have white grout( I think). new toilet, new vanity, new marble vanity top with white vessel bowl and chrome single faucet. Gonna go with a lime green color for the walls, with all white molding and vanity, medicine cabinet.

finishing touches will be chrome towel holder, toilet paper holder, hand towel holder, shower head,glass shower doors, and white entry + closet doors.

My budget is $3,500 and it will cover all materials needed. Beer money is extra.

I already checked the plumbing behind the tub and its all cooper thank god, so that should be less of a pain the neck.

My goal is to have it done by sunday night. I am buying all the stuff tonight and starting to morrow at 4:00. Should be a fun weekend.

Here is the old nasty bathroom.

def looks great where are the before pictures?!?!?

ok so i feal like it will be good in here … please let me know how you caulk everything … I have been haveing a problem with caulk only lasting like 4 months and then it all comes off and its all new walls/tub/surround and i cant keep this shit sticking … i have even let it dry for a month and still nothing

these are the before pics. read noob :slight_smile:

:fu::uhh:

LOL Obv im joking

EDIT FUCK BEATEN … :eekdance:

WTF is up with the “carpet” on your toilet :wink:

Its a seat cover, never saw before?

oh, I’ve seen them. that was “WTF IS UP WITH” as in “ewww get that off of there” lol

i’d love to update mine. our fixtures are pink, fucking pink!

i lol’ed

All the “sign of old people” handles all over the place…love it.

X…

$3500!? I did mine for $1200 and it’s damn near identical in size to yours. That reminds me…I forgot that I had DIY thread going and I have to post up the finished pics…

haven’t seen your thread but I’m sure you’re quite aware that level of finish and materials cost go hand and hand. I could have spent $1900 on flooring for my place instead of ~$13.5k … same size :smiley:

↑ This a complete overhaul,

New tub
Shower doors
New Tiolet
vanity, vanity counter
Vessel sink
Single faucet
Medicine cabinet
Shower head, shower spout, etc
Light for ceiling
vanity light
Tile for floor
Tile for Tub
New door, and closet door
Towel bar, shit paper holder, hand towel holder
New GFI outlets, covers
grout
Thin set
Cement board
Cement board screws
2 Gals. of paint
crown molding
Floor molding
Door casing
Caulk
Some tools
Beer
Beer
Odds and ends.

you should just replace the shag toilet cover and you should be good to go

↑ Haha, it will be gone.

Can’t wait to see the results. Goodluck.

Is your bathroom done, or do your kids still bathe in the kitchen sink? :lol:

X…

I would put my $1200 bathroom up against ones much more expensive. There are plenty of quality materials and clever options out there that don’t always cost a lot of money, which I am sure you were also aware of:)