Chrysler Unveils 2007 Sebring in London...what happend?

Chrysler, long known for it’s bold and fresh styling, has become unstuck in time and ended up somewhere during the late 90s. Instead of being original, this time around Chrysler has decided to copy Nissan and VW/Audi. Well done, chaps.

Okay so it’s NOT the 1995 Dodge Stratus. Big tear.

But it’s kind of okay looking.

It’s like a Malibu Max had sex with a Nissan Altima. And then they decided to throw some swooshes here and there to make it look really gaudy. This isn’t the cleanly designed Chryslers of the 1990s we once knew as…distinctively Chrysler/Dodge.

EUROPEAN PREMIERE FOR NEW CHRYSLER SEBRING AT LONDON MOTOR SHOW

The brand new Chrysler Sebring will have its European premiere at the London Motor Show on 18 July together with the new Dodge Nitro, which will be shown in the UK for the first time.

These two newcomers will both be launched in right-hand drive in the UK during 2007, and will be joined on the Chrysler Group motor show stand by all of the stunning new models that have been launched in the UK this year – the Chrysler PT Cruiser Cabrio, Chrysler 300C Touring, Jeep Commander, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and Dodge Caliber.

Peter Lambert, Managing Director for Chrysler Group UK said: "2006 is a huge year for Chrysler Group with the launch of so many new models* in the UK in the first seven months of the year.

"With so much new metal it’s no surprise that our sales are so far bucking the downward trend. Demand for the 300C saloon has exceeded all of our expectations, and the 300C Touring estate is off to a flying start. We are already asking the factory for extra cars to meet demand.

“Looking forward to 2007, it is no coincidence that Chrysler Group has decided to have the European reveal of the new Sebring at the London show – the UK is a key market for Chrysler worldwide and our aim over the next few years is to grow our market share by offering stunning cars that offer surprisingly good value for money.”

The Sebring is Chrysler’s first offering in the mid-size family car D-segment, currently dominated by cars like the Ford Mondeo and Honda Accord. It combines a striking design, based on the 2003 Airflite Concept, with interior craftsmanship, high levels of safety and reliability, great performance and excellent fuel efficiency. It will be available in right-hand drive with diesel and petrol engines in the UK from the middle of next year.

The Dodge Nitro on the show stand is the concept car that was unveiled at the 2005 Chicago Autoshow. It is the Dodge brand’s first mid-size five-seater SUV, and is designed to attract customers seeking a vehicle with distinctive styling, sporty performance, a very flexible interior and all at a very affordable price. Right-hand drive versions of the Nitro will arrive in the UK in mid 2007 with petrol and diesel engines.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/21/is-this-the-2007-chrysler-sebring/#more-3147

Okay, and it’s one of those joint sharing type deals between Mitsubishi and Chrysler. And we all know how well that worked with the Avenger/Sebring. Two cars that were never as much fun to drive as the four doors because, well, they just weren’t as good. Nope. Not one bit.

Sweet DSM reliability, in a family friendly package. :tup:

Okay so I wandered around this internet thing and found:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=892&stc=1

The interior. Wow. Exciting stuff. I’m in a good mood because of this. And because Kathy Lee and Frank Gifford have a pooch together. For so long my heart has had a void in it due to their divorce, but now my soul can be at rest for I know not everything is as bad as it seems. Oh Katie, return to morning television. Oh Chrysler, start making fresh designs again…

They took the Crossfire hood.

You can definately see the Daimler influence.

oh and apparently that crappy 2.7 V6 is lingering on in this car.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/avenger.html

It’s only marginally better than the 2.5 mitsubishi found in the first generation JA cars. It manages to sound like an engine and not a pencil sharpener with a screw driver in it.

Hey, remember when you could get a 2G dodge stratus 2.7 V6 with a 5 speed manual? It was called the R/T, and nobody bought it. But it was pretty sweet.

Also pretty sweet was the Sebring GTC convertible with the same setup. You can get the coupe, but that’s gross.

it’s almost a blatant ripoff of the new maxima

can’t they just make it look like a pig with an overbite, and give it a RWD hemi?

oh wait

They would be better off reintroducing this:
http://car-reviews.automobile.com/images/cars/ArtImages/24731/alt11.jpg

ugh. I’m ashame-ed. looks like a cobalt ripped my grille. :tdown:

and yeah, /complaints to the above, corey :stuck_out_tongue:

lame

Do you wake up some nights.

At night.

And think, “My life would be better if my 300M was a 300M special?”

I would.

looks like a Saturn

sorry but those mitsu/dodge/chrysler cars of the 90’s were a fucking mess. apologies to the talon/eclipse people, i just don’t like chrysler.

I <3 Chrysler. That’s why I would rather have them design cars and let Mitsubishi design CRAPS.

However, there are some talks that MB and Chrysler will be sharing a few more platforms in the future. Mainly the SUVs, I think.

It really doesnt matter how the car looks … it is just gonna be a bad credit car anyways … just like the ones of old and the taurus,fukus,malibu,cobalt,…etc …those cars are made for ghetto people with bad credit and like there payments to have an extra 20% interest tacked on … i see it every day …

just gonna get repossesed anyways…

Well that wasn’t a nice statement.

RENTAL CAR FTW!

Don’t you know.

That’s why they’re going to make the Dodge version.

not sure how i feel about this one

did anyone else notice the big red passenger seat ejection button??

nah, mine’s quicker :stuck_out_tongue: