civic guys - EK exhaust question

Ok, here’s the situation… I’ve got a 98 civic sedan SOHC with california emissions (cat up front inside exhaust manifold), with a huge amount of rust on the front-cat and front downpipe and now the downpipe is rusted to shit and separating where it connects to the long pipe going to the back of the car. The mid-pipe, rear muffler, etc is in great shape. What do you guys suggest with this situation, should I dump the california emissions crap and put a cheap header on, or try to fit a new downpipe to the rusty pre-cat (most likely will result in a huge fail due to the amount of rust on the thing). If I put a header on, I need a new exhaust from the header back, right?

I really don’t want to have to buy a whole new front cat assembly and downpipe because I think it’s the shittiest setup ever, probably chokes the engine like a mofo and it costs too much.

u can just look for used SOHC shit on ebay.

I’m pretty sure u dont need the cali emissions standard if ur in NY…so if used shit costs too much u can just get an elcheapo header and cat off ebay and have someone weld it on for you.

to be honest, SOHCs have no balls anyway so it doesnt matter if the cats right there 2 feet from the exhaust ports or further down the line haha.

Iff you wait a month til my motors broke in and i have my turbo on i will sell you a cheap header 4 20 bucks.Its a 4-2-1 and i also have a 2.25in catback for a 97 sedan all stainless i would sell ya at same time

turbominime - sounds like a plan. I hope the pipe stays together for another month…