Classic Audi hotness

i love those older quattros. i myself want a 84 4000cs quattro

http://oregonstate.edu/~johansma/images/1984Audi.jpg

Brian

i’ve always wanted a urq

Same. Been so tempted to buy one so many times. But to be perfectly honest, until I have more cash to waste to build one “right” I dont want another 944 with AWD and an extra cylinder. PITA.

exactly. they have to be bought clean otherwise you’re asking for a load of trouble. i mean i had the Audi 100 quattro. and that without boost was a boat load of fun. I’ve worked on a few and driven a few turbos. One customer was actually cool enough to tell me to “give it a go.” That was a good time.

Where the fuck is QuattroKrant on this one, He’s got a very nice one (cali car) and owned 2 of these at one point.

Now if I can only get him to start fucking with it.

Jeller

Yeah, you guys keep telling me about his yet I havent seen it! Get it up at the spring BBQ Jeller!

Krant’s a bitch. He never takes that thing out.

Sorry for the crappy garage pics

I could not agree with that statement more and that is why I spent a bit more and got one that was solid. Personally, I would not touch a Ur-Q for less then $8K and I would try at all costs to buy an 84 or 85. The early ones had a really poor electrical system and the fuses were those things that had the points on the ends of them and that was how they stayed in place. Unless the car has been updated, or it is SOLID and an early car, try and find a later one with the fuse box under the hood.

Thanks for the kind words about the car:tup: I bought this awhile ago, July of 05 I want to say. Spent it’s entire life in California until it was shipped here.

I am in the process of tracking down why the car is not making the power that it should be. The car idles fine, runs fine, but it is just not making any power, doesn’t even feel like it has a turbo. Honestly, it feels like my 4000 Quattro in terms of power. I know it is nothing major though as the car runs fine, just doesn’t make power.

wastegate arm off? boostleaks? nice car though. i myself like the sedan body style better.

Brian

I am going to say start looking for leaks… lots of old lines and rubber in that engine bay. Thanks for posting up some pics of it, now its not just an old wives tale :wink:

Jeller

Here’s another one for you. When you floor it, the factory boost guage will go to the top of the guage, indicating that it is making boost, but it is just not doing anything with the boost. I am thinking it is this rubber hose connection going to/from the IC, you can take your index and thumb and pretty much collapse the hose. Also, the car boosts a bit better if you are going up hill, i found that out on the way to Carlisle on route 15.

Nice.
Have I seen that car in EA?
How much would you sell it for?

It would be easy to do a boost leak test on it, im sure you have a compressor to pressurize everything. Should be easy to pinpoint if that is the culprit.

I like yours better than the original one posted. I just can’t wrap my mind around the idea of a garage queen.

I doubt it, I have driven it twice due to lack of time/other things. I really don’t think I would sell this one as I have not seen one as solid for a non retarded price. There is a guy on Audifans.com selling a white 85 for $25K and I will say mine might not have paint as good due to the fact that his was resprayed, but, mine is much better “sorted” under the hood and overall a cleaner car.

probably because thats what it is.

22b>quattrocoupe imo.

i did see a showroom clean one out west this spring at oregon trail rally.

orange and black striped recaros inside were damn sexy.

Yes and no. The “group b” car that everyone thinks of was based on the Sport Quattro, not the long wheel base Ur-Q. There were ur-Q rally cars, tons of them. The first cars Audi used were the “regular” type 85 coupes, without the fender flares like my Ur-Q, NA engines, and AWD. Europe was lucky enough to get the narrow body coupe quattros, we only got the FWD Coupe’s in the states. One day, i will own a narrow body coupe quattro.

Heres one for sale if you really want one awdrifter

http://www.audifans.com/marketplace/show.php?table=pm_audifans_Cars&id=1845

“We only got FWD coupes in the states”
?

lol i had an 86 GT for like 2 months.

drove it only once