My 4kq project-updated 12/2/09-hauled off to junkyard

Well, this is the start of the road for me and my 87 4kq that will soon have a 3b in it. initial plan is to get it running stock with 7a cams, chip, WG spring and enjoy it that way for now. Down the road IIC, different turbo, built engine, etc etc. Some of the pics are sort of sucky so I appologize.
I picked up this pretty clean 87 4kq last Labor Day from Linden VA

It is really clean, the interior is spotless and it actually feels really tight, steering is tight, all the little bs works, etc etc.Then on Columbus Day I grabbed this 91 200 20VT for a donor car
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/quattrokrant/audi16.jpg
I originally posted this on an Audi website and there are RETARDS who feel that using a 200 20VT as a donor car is sacralige as it is a rare car in the States, whatever. I decided, with much convincing from the 200 20VT lovers on this site to not hack the car up but instead bring it back to spec and just enjoy it…

Yeah F’ing right

Here is my message to you 200 loving wankers who feel I’m hacking up a perfectly good car

And here is a sample of what occured tonight to it

And this is what a 5lb sledge hammer does to the interior wood trim, did you know it is/was in this case actual wood??

We did get some actual productive work done, it wasn’t all fun and games with the sledge breaking things

harness getting removed

And here the harness is out getting shipped out to someone for some special work

And we modded the windshield

And I felt the need to jump on the roof like a monkey

All in all a productive first day, got the harness out and didn’t rip/tear/break any of the connectors in the process. Also, the interior looks like a tornado happened in it as ANYTHING that was in the way was handled by the 5lb sledge, very satisfying. And, I spray painted the side of the car with black spray paint, it says “Hey 200 fags, CRY!”
More pics and progress to come soon

LOL at the hood. I expect nothing less from you rick :tup:

Good to see your making progress.

hahah thats great… and +1 on there being a lot of tools on the audi forums. makes me want to stab them all in the eyes with soldering irons. especially when they try to explain that 12.8 being the fastest b6 a4 is something to be proud of… bahahah

good luck with the build.

so in slightly less audi nerd speak you are swapping what into what? for an end result of what kind of power and weight?

You’re such a spaz, awesome!!!

Real wood trim is a surprise.

X…

cool project, I’m liking the 200 Hate

nice rick. after seeing you the other day i had to wonder… how many miles are on your dd 4000?

200’s are ghey

youre such a dick rick its awesome.

http://www.dubsinthebuff.com/forum/volkswagen-related/109-mickey-mouse.html

yeah dood. break it down for us ppl thats arent audi humpers, cuz so far ur build thread sucks.

That’s kind of gay.

Do you still have the GTO?

Pretty sure he sold the GTO

X…

Yeah, sorry about that, I originally posted this on Motorgeek and then realized not too many people outside of the old Audi wierdos would know what the hell I am talking about. I should have been the last person to talk in code as I have NO clue what half of the Honda codes are, B16, EK hatch, WTF??? The donor car, the 200, has a 5 cyclinder in line 20 valve turbo engine(3b engine code). This is the distributor engine producing 217hp stock in a car that weighed as much as a barge. Also of note, when I drove this home from MA, it ran FLAWLESSLY, everytime I railed it it reacted the exact same way and even with 240K on it at 120mph it was a champ, pulled very very well also. I have a 1.9 bar wastegate spring for it and a chip and I’m hunting down a set of 20V NA cams. That set up in another 4kq, the guy who’s modding my harness, ran 13.03 in the 1/4 with C16 in the tank, so it should be right where my old GTO was in terms of acceleration. Also, that was roughly 265hp that yeilded those times, so if it is right around a stock Evo 9 or previous gen STi on the stock engine management, give or take a bit here and there, I’ll be thrilled. The 4kq will weigh about 2800-2900lbs all said and done. In the future, GT seris turbo, 034 standalone engine management, but thats down the road. I just want to get it running and reliable, clean up the engine, and enjoy it. Basically, i’m doing this swap in a 4000 Quattro to learn the tricks of the trade to see if I want to throw a nice 20VT into my Ur-Q, I’m back and forth on that all the time between wanting to do it and not.

Sadly no, it was sold in September of 08. I got rid of it as I put about 1500 miles on it in the summer and 3,500 miles on my Cannondale and I wanted to get into racing this year so I knew it would just sit and be a waste of money. I got a bit misty when I saw an 05 Impulse Blue GTO a bit back, dear god did it sound amazing burbling away.

I honestly have NO idea Tom. I got that thing in October 04 with 147K showing on the odometer and the owner said it broke roughly 4-5K miles ago? I would say easily 250K.

i <3 krant projects.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/XwalkerX1/fc5fb2ee.jpg

very nice lol, if you think you hacked a car up
take a wild guess what this used to be

Good to see you get going on this, Rick! I got nothing but love for Audi 5cyl’s. Especially 20VT’s. I’ll have to post some pics up of my 20VT build/project.

nice Rick.

Let me know if you need a hand or some of the bolt extractors, etc. that I have.

i am going to say teg

^^^

Lude

its a teg, stick to nissans and explorers