My 4kq project-updated 12/2/09-hauled off to junkyard

What’s the deal with your Ur-q?

yep, my sig kinda gives it away haha. There was nothing left of it.

I bought it in 05, shipped it from Cali, and have put about 750 miles on it since I boughgt it. Nice clean car but it needs some paint on the loew valance and bumper as it is pretty sandblasted from Cali highways.

I keep saying "No, I don’t want to tear this car up as it has ALL the wierdo shit in place that NONE of the old cars still have on it, ie cardboard radiator shrouds from 25 years ago. But then I think “F it, I can do it clean and make it look factory.” Then I go back to just wanting to enjoy it as it and freshen up the paint and get silver wheels for it.

Mr. T, someone I went to school with at Buff State, Jeff Cavarelo, had one that was ganked for the engine as it was the GSR or whatever with the V-Tech. Same color scheme too, ended up on Grote street all stripped, well, not that stripped.

Thanks Mike, I’ll keep that in mind.

Dear god do I look fat in that pic. The look on Whalens face is priceless!!

:gay3:

that pic is priceless. Thanks for keeping that walker :tup:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/quattrokrant/95267072210_0_ALB.jpg

Shit, it still has the injector cooling fan and all that shit!

Got some more work done Tuesday night. Decided through past experience that the easiest way to remove the 20V and the tranny was to simply drop the subframe with them still attached/resting on it.
Getting started-here the only thing holding it in place was that goofy bracket on the tranny and the linkage that would not pass through it

So in I went to remedy the situation

And yes, that is me standing right infront/toes right under the engine/tranny assembly that is being held in place now by the simple fact that the frame rail is pressed against the downpipe-don’t let the jack fool you, it is merely for looks-BRILLIANT

Discovered that the engine mounts were a bit, suspect

And it’s out and i’m dry humping it

She’s a bit gunky so it will be cleaned up before reinsertion-why do I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a full on hot tanking/rebuilding/new turbo/way more then I ever planned??

But, for 240K it was to be expected. I’m probabally just going to do all new gaskets and put it in after a thorough cleaning-any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Decided to try my hand at body work-I think personally my smoothing/painting skills are progressing NICELY

And whats left of the shell

This shot shows just how much we beat the frame rail on the passangers side to make sure it cleared the turbo-the removal tool of choice was a 5lb sledge

Next up is to re-unite the subframe with the shell to roll it out, put the engine on the engine stand and start taking off the IM, VC, etc and get her cleaned up.

034Motorsport has some nice options for motor mounts, those stock ones fucking suck. I run the “track density” ones form 034, no drivetrain movement whatsoever.

Good to see this project moving forward. Please degrease/powerwash that motor before you put it in. BTW…those 200 wheels are not horrible looking, from your pics. Your methods of persuasion are always excellent :slight_smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/XwalkerX1/fc5fb2ee.jpg
doc dan

p.s pics of the dog

Looks like U R actually getting stuff done, unlike your U R. :lol:

x…

Yeah, I’m going 034 for sure, just not sure if I’m going street or track. I’ve felt both at the same time and honestly the difference was not noticeable. Any one will be better then stock 20+ year old ones.

Yes, I can’t stand when people do swaps and it looks like a train wreck under the hood with a crusty ass engine in the bay. I’m going to load it up in the back of my truck, grab a spray bottle of Super Clean, and head to the car wash with some quarters and a scrub brush. I’m planning on painting the IM/VC and some other items so it looks a bit more tidy. I’d love to rock the BBS off the 200, but that would require me converting it to 5 lug, which I’m going to do but probabally next year. I’m trying to work a trade for them plus cash for a set of NOS silver Ur-Q wheels.

i’ll have to dig some up

like I said in previous posts, i’m not sure the direction I want to take with that one. I’m still pissed about selling my other Ur-Q I had with the blown engine from WV, would have been the PERFECT 20V candidate:banghead::banghead:

A modded UR-Q would have been cool, as you dont really see them.

Well, more work has occured and here are some of the pictures. The pictures are from last Thursday, so I’m basically running a week behind with the pics
First, I put the subframe back in the 200 and rolled the shell outside to get my Ur-Q back in the garage. I am amazed just how high the car sits in the front with out an engine/tranny.

And I cleaned the rear window on the 200 so well you can’t even tell it’s there anymore

That hammer has been used more in the last 2 weeks then in its entire existence since
And the pile of parted out car remains gets ever larger.

The garage currently has enough engines/trannys that it looks like that room at a scrap yard where they have all the engines. The next batch of pics will show it’s current state and it is large
An omen of things to come

But first this lump had to be removed

Some of the items have been removed to make way for the removal-which is now complete
The way it is coming out

And me looking like a retard at the 20V

More pics to come

:tup:

Looks like alot of work krant

That’s def. a 94+ Integra…

And thie build thread is aweomse, haha, love the first post!

This should be your goal :slight_smile:

Can you guys please stop bringing up the UrQ. Everytime I see you guys and we talk about it I start looking at buying one, fucking shit ass mother fuckers god damnit.

Good luck with the projects :slight_smile: :tup: