Colin McRae killed in helicopter crash!

RIP

Made horrifically worse by the fact that his 5 year old son was with him.

Rest in peace McRae.

Oh shit that sucks.

wtf lame

Very sad. Amazing driver…

the other site wont load on my dumb laptop right now, is his son okay or did he die too? :frowning:

No one on board survived.

As of right now, that appears to be Colin, his son and two as of yet unidentified others.

This seriously sucks.

wow thats fucking terrible. i feel even worse for his wife, and the rest of their families.

Thank God his wife and daughter weren’t with him.

definately, would have been even more of a tragedy. ive watched him race in videos and i even had the gameboy games. who woulda thought this is how he woulda went.

oh my god… This is not what I wanted to hear today.

Rest In Peace Colin.

Our co-driver is probably the last person to co-drive for him professionally (X-games)

Oh, my… GOD…

From article…

"As a sportsman he was a true hero. As a driver Colin was misunderstood slightly as being reckless but everything you saw with him came from pure raw talent as opposed to being learnt. He was the Michael Schumacher of rally driving.

Enough said.

This is a real shame, and quite sad. To one of the most legendary drivers of this era. RIP :frowning:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/zg326/09-16-07_0929.jpg
a few of us sported the tape today.

Good idea Rob

he was our co-driver today. Looks like got tired of left turns so he got himself a real driver :frowning:

are you really wearing a lei??

They were the “wristbands” we all had leis

I got leid twice

A little post-mortem ass-kissing in that article, considering both Loeb and Gronholm both have more career victories in the WRC. Great driver, certainly one of all-time legends of the sport, and it is even worse that his young son perished as well as others in the incident, but to call him the Michael Schumacher of rally is something I would have to disagree with.