Prodrive's David Richard's in Helicopter crash

24 hours after former World Rally Champion Colin McRae was killed, Prodrive chief David Richards survived a helicopter crash when returning from the Belgian Grand Prix.

Richards, McRae’s former boss at Subaru WRT, was returning to Essex in the UK from Spa Francorchamps with his wife when the helicopter he was piloting suffered a fault.

They crash-landed in a field and the aircraft turned onto its side, but police confirmed that Richards - to take his Banbury-based outfit into Formula One next year - and his wife Karen ‘walked out of the wreckage’.

They were treated for shock but unhurt, according to BBC reports.
“David and Colin were great friends and it’s an amazing coincidence that this has happened,” a Prodrive spokesman said. “We are just thankful he and Karen are okay.”

Srsly, there are professionals that do this, stop flying yourself around.

WTF.

this is just funny

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:3,topic:35528"”]

this is just funny

[/quote]

:bloated::roll2::hang:

wow wtf!

no way this is a coincidence, this is CLEARLY a NASCAR plot to destroy rally racing before people start watching it and realize there is more to racing than left turns.

[quote=“chino,post:5,topic:35528"”]

wow wtf!

no way this is a coincidence, this is CLEARLY a NASCAR plot to destroy rally racing before people start watching it and realize there is more to racing than left turns.

[/quote]

I do realize your post was in jest, but…

Alan Kulwicki and another NASCAR driver whose name slips my mind at the moment (used to drive the Havoline-sponsored Ford Thunderbird) both died in helicopter/small plane crashes.

[quote=“neurokinetik,post:6,topic:35528"”]

Alan Kulwicki and another NASCAR driver whose name slips my mind at the moment (used to drive the Havoline-sponsored Ford Thunderbird) both died in helicopter/small plane crashes.

[/quote]

I believe you’re referring to Davey Allison…

[quote=“MPD47"”]

Srsly, there are professionals that do this, stop flying yourself around.

[/quote]

for fuck’s sake indeed

Christ, remind me never to fly in a helicopter…

[quote=“neurokinetik,post:6,topic:35528"”]

[/quote]

Sooo, you’re saying that it is not possible NASCAR is concerned that mainstream america will find out about Rally racing and their domination will come to an end?! :meh2:

the thing is nobody gives a fuck about rally racing here :slight_smile:

[quote=“BuickGN,post:11,topic:35528"”]

the thing is nobody gives a fuck about rally racing here :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Well if they hired a well known foreign rally racer, brought him to the U.S. gave him a multi million dollar contract…uummm
Nevermind,:wink: It didn’t work for Soccer either…