Commence the hunt: Pre-OBD2 car

The ONLY R34/R33/R32 cars that are legal are the ones imported from MotorEx. That’s it. And even then, the R34 cars are not truly legal as they do not comply with OBDII. Send me link to car via PM and I can use some sources to ensure legality.

As for the BMW 850s, there were 0 offered anywhere with a 5MT, and 847 offered in the US with a 6MT. All 840s were automatic in the US.

The i and Ci models are exactly the same, BMW just decided to turn the i into Ci to signify that it’s a coupe model (kinda like what they were doing w/ the 3-series at the time) even though all were coupes. The problem with the Ci is you may not know if you have the 296hp M70 motor, or the 322hp M73 motor. This was pretty much just a mid-life revamp motor. More compression, larger displacement. While both were in the Ci, they were also both made on the assembly line side by side for nine months, then afterwards all of the 850Ci cars were built with the M73.

Alo I should note: In two years, the 1989 R32 GTRs will be legal in the US (25 years old), in which case the value will drop a bit since legality won’t be an issue anymore. If you’re set on a Skyline, wait it out before paying out the ass then having it be worth half or less in a couple years.

Crx’s legal in 1 year :ninja

Still only a CRX. :rofl

Fuck it, get a 22B.

:rofl

Fuck Mike if your budget is going that high go buy a registered R5 Turbo II and own one of the most epic pre OBD street cars in the world.

Then you can boast that you own a street legal Group B car.

It’s not red and sitting for sale on Route 20 kinda near the Guilderland Police Station is it? If so my mechanic tried to sell me that car about 10 yrs ago. I wanted it but didn’t want the headaches that come along with them.

do you have a line on one of those? There are a few I left off because I figured them just too rare to really be able to pick up, in part I think the Evo VI might be in that category, i’m sure the lancia delta is.

the problems I had with subaru “people” left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, i want to own each of these cars at some point, so I need to move on to another chassis.

The Cosworth, E30 or Rx-7 are the way to go around here. Only the Rx-7 though if you do something cool with the BROtary.

why get an MR2 when your delsol is now virtually that just 1000x better?

My suggestion would be also to build an impreza wagon like mine but do the 22b wagon wide body and put a nearly stock sti motor in and call it a day. Super fun and useful car

Whatever car I get will stay stock. The MR2 I thought would be interesting to compare handling characteristics withe the sol (hopefully the sol would be better of course)

The impreza? I might come back to one after I do the rounds on all the other fun cars. I want to own each on the list at some point in life.

As of about a month ago, none on the market that I know of.

Delta HF Evo’s command a premium. Renault R5’s can be had for 30-40K, Turbo 2’s that is. A Turbo 1 will command more.

-Adam H on JVG’s laptop

If you’re not going to modify, the E36 M3 will prolly be the most fun and definitely the best handling vehicle you’re looking at.

I would buy a car to compare handling characteristics. Especially on a car that doesn’t have very good handling to begin with according to lots of sources.

Also, I’d you’re not goin to modify, why do you want nothing that is OBD II?

for the record my e36 m3 handled great in stock form

This is kind of a hit lists of cars I would like to own at some point, I am not exactly trying to figure out the best one. I am also not specifically looking for OBD1, it just so happens thats the years of the style I seem to like most.

obd 1 cars are just easier to live with

1985 Mercedes 190e (w201) 16 valve Cosworth Real Eurospec. 165k mi - $6k.

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3080417

damn, this seemed so promising with a rebuilt motor and all those high “scores” he gave it, but in the end it has a lot of cracking paint, cracked dash, and its a high mileage car. IMO the price is too high if its not in perfect condition.

I’ll have to see if he’ll take lower offers.

There’s a R33 on Craigslist from NJ. Looks pretty nice

Im not sure if i’m looking at the same one. NJ CL but it says hudson valley? Not a single detail of the car, big front mount, obviously modified, probably not a GTR? That one?