Comparison: Volkswagen GTI vs. Honda Civic Si

what? the new gti’s look fucking silly! However they sound (exhaust) and perform impressively.

it looks like an EG hatch.

i like it. i think the Si looks like the deuce

the gti would suit you better for owning a house, there is a lot of room in the hatch.

Hatch > trunk

hatches rule.

i had a golf and a civic… SOOOO much room.

• Civic = ultra-reliability, high resale, endless aftermarket, easy affordable maintenance, etc…

• VW = not a honda.

/nuff

[quote=“RobtC,post:14,topic:30711"”]

yea i was at ray laks, they said they price on the si coupe doesn’t budge. they have sedans with a rebate, but i don’t know about a four door yet.

i’ve driven plenty of vehicles though, i’ve boiled it down to these two.

[/quote]

Ray Laks will budge on price, you need to talk to the right people. See Mark Maloney and tell him Tom Marks recommended that you speak with him about a new SI.

The coupe is basically the same exact performance as the coupe, and only weighs in a few dozen pounds more, but with two more doors and way more room. (Both rear seats fold down as well)

Also, I have HID’s in my SI, and they look great :slight_smile:

Both are great choices. Both cars look hot in white :wink: If you were leaning toward a sedan, then my choice is the honda for sure. Coupe… its a toss up for me too. Both are great cars. I think the honda will win in the end though…

My choice =Honda by a nose.

Jeller

[quote=“Jeller,post:27,topic:30711"”]

Both are great choices. Both cars look hot in white :wink: If you were leaning toward a sedan, then my choice is the honda for sure. Coupe… its a toss up for me too. Both are great cars. I think the honda will win in the end though…

My choice =Honda by a nose.

Jeller

[/quote]

Ugh please don’t get a white sedan. LOL

Does the GTI have LSD?

If not, Honda.

If it does, Honda anyway, because you sell cars too often.

yeah seriously, do they have like a 3 month lease? might be perfect for you

i have been in both, and i prefer the gti. hatch backs are nice, and plenty of power. plus you can also get them in a 4 door if you want, and it will ahve a better resale value.

This shit will never end.

X…

[quote=“dubbin91,post:31,topic:30711"”]

i have been in both, and i prefer the gti. hatch backs are nice, and plenty of power. plus you can also get them in a 4 door if you want, and it will ahve a better resale value.

[/quote]

I dont think it will have better resale then an si

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:33,topic:30711"”]

I dont think it will have better resale then an si

[/quote]

+1

honda

+1 honda

i own a vw… money for maintaince and performance shit really adds up quick… not to mention electrical gremlands that seem to live in vw’s

+1 honda

I hate both cars but I definitely hate hondas less…