computer has been weird lately ...

its been changing its own time and what not. and just running rteal real slow lately. anything look weird in the processes?

Lots of stuff wrong in there…

umm maybe i should hit my hard drive with a sledge hammer… you think that would work out the bugs?

Roland he doesnt see the funny

:rofl:

hanibal… one suggestion woul dbe to create a new user nameto log onto windows with… i’m seeing that your user name is ‘owner’ and it’s obviously got spam / ad apps tied to the account name…

you have a good amount of crap in there… actually, you have more crap than actual processes that are required…

hitting it with a hammer is not the solution… picking it up and shaking it like an etch-e-sketch is…

I like to put my hard drives in the paint mixer at the hardware store. All the bugs get dizzy and fall out.

Lexmarks apps. rob memory so I disabled them. But def. do what Sonny said and create a new user profile to use from now on.

wel im making a new account then . how do i end all thsoe processes so they wont run? and i took the hard drive and shook it real real good. and man i didnt know bugs could be metal. there were a lot of those mofos in there.

this any better?

Yeah, that’s a lot better but just switching to a new user name to run away from your problems isn’t the best idea. If you wanna actually ‘clean house’ on your old name (even if you still end up using the Secutor name it’s not a bad idea to get rid of as much of that crap as you can) here’s a few things to try…

Of course, get and use the latest version of Adaware. That and a good antivirus software (IMHO a subscription to Norton Anitvirus’s update service is just 'bout the only software/service I pay for on my system) should be used too. However, some viruses/spyware/adware makers got smart and found a tricky place to hide their shit. As it turns out MS made it so that nothing can delete or modify files in the system restore backups. So that’s where the most annoying viruses/spyware/adware puts itself now.

So try this…

Disable Sytem Restore (Right Click My Computer -> Properies -> Sytem Restore Tab check the Box next to “Disable System Restore”).

Start Windows in Safe Mode (Start -> Run -> Type “msconfig” -> BOOT.INI Tab check the Box next to “/SAFEBOOT” -> Restart Computer

Run Adaware (or similar) and your Antivirus software (full scan of all files) in Safe Mode.

To return to normal mode Start -> Run -> “msconfig” -> General Tab check the box next to “Normal Startup”

Enable Sytem Restore (Right Click My Computer -> Properies -> Sytem Restore Tab uncheck the Box next to “Disable System Restore”).

-TJ

Hahaha… safe mode :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

he isn’t ‘running away from his problems’… but, instead i had him clean up some of his problems with the easiest method possible…

Granted, “Safe” Mode isn’t necessary… and I never said that I actually believe “Safe” mode is actually safe. But turning of system restore is the only way (that I currently know of) to clean up viruses/spyware/adware in the system restore folder.

-TJ

just dump sys restore all together… also, you can modify folder permissions and kill the service / process and delete the file.

sys restore is garbage… it’s not like the PC is a fresh install, or if you have avirus and ‘system restore’ it you’re clean.

best bet is to get a USB harddrive, keep all your info on it, and wipe your PC every 2-3 months…

thats the best way to stay clean…

Computer detected redneck and fshowcars sucks at monopoly

and shaggy takes it in the ass from me!

maybe if you did not smoke, your computer would be in better shape and less prone to failures.