computer people help

need help with a sitution.

how do i block the recent wed address that appear in the address bar .
i.e.
type in the letter “p” and “pittspeed.com” comes up along with “pussy.com” and “pontiacgp.com” ect ect.

my 10 year old cousin sometimes uses my cpu and since i dont have
kids i never block or care about where i go or been on the internet.
i dont want to be a bad influence more than i already am.

no history does not remove this either.

If you clear the history through Tools>Internet Options, it wipes them all out. At least on my XP system it does.

no history does not remove this either.

no it doesnt thats why im asking

remember im not talking about history.im talking about the address bars recent /semi recent visits

what operating system? in xp if you delete either your temp internet files or history, it clears em

Switch to Opera.

No spyware and it has a nice little option called “Delete Private Data” which clears history, address bar, and cookies all at once.

xp and no it doesnt-neither one clears your last/popular lookups.
i did all that,cookies, temp files, offline ect. then i type “p” in the address bar and guess what…i get pittspeed, pontiac, pussy :down:

adressbar i guess is the issue :dunno:

That’s weird. I cleared my history again, and it removed www.yahoo.com from the address bar, but not www.pittspeed.com.

:eek3:

see

simply go to start control panel users and create a semi-restricted (power user or less) account for your nephew…

otherwise i’d go to your profile and dump that shit manually

c:\documents and settings\kanut\local settings

:dunno:

clear history restart

i got it.
sonny helped to steer it and i finished it.heres how

control panel/ xp info/ internet settings/ autocomplete feature uncheck/general -clear autocomplete / clear history/restart done

thanks gutys

sounds like you have xp home… that’s why some shit’s different

is autocomplete now tied into the address bar, or is that just for forms… on IE that is

hehe stop hitting pussy.com websites :slight_smile:

its tied into the address bar and passwords remembered but you can seperate them.

never!!!hehehe its just an example dog!
im really hitting assesintheair.net

microsofts development bothers me sometimes…

more like all the time for me

yep what he said