computer question for the wizards

im trying to remove java virtual machine with this -
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall
and i get an error saying cant find the “java inf file”.
why??? do i not have it??? or am i doing something wrong in the command???this is unsupported ms software that is using hotkey to attach files and spyware in my system . please help

:dunno: Sorry… :frowning:

IE - tools -> int options -> advanced : turn off java…

then reboot the machine, do not connect to interweb… turn off cable modem, try to uninstall java… if this doesn’t work, you can take two routes

try a spybot / pestpatrol /adaware it, then re-run uninstall…

or.

install a new version of java and just uninstall it… what the spyware did was manipulated the file and is using it to pull down crap from the interweb…

get on google and press ctrl+alt+del click task manage then look at your processes… anything you don’t recognize, search for on google… leave the basics there, taskmgr/ mapisp32/ svchost /rtvscan /lsass ect ect ect… then try to uninstall.

try this…

Originally posted by scfb518t
try this…

lol:rofl:

[bad news]

Originally posted by scfb518t
do you know what a registry is?
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

don’t point them to regedit… that would be bad news and i’d have to drive out to his house to fix his shit…

Originally posted by turbovw18
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

don’t point them to regedit… that would be bad news and i’d have to drive out to his house to fix his shit…

shhhhh dont tell him what its called or he might use it!!

LOL I didnt know you made house calls now :rolleyes:

this is on topic,KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!

I think I got a virus today on my work computer, but everything was only acting up for about 30 minutes and now seems fine??? WTF.

Originally posted by Pewterss
this is on topic,KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!
:mad:

just waiting to see if it helped jon any… :tounge:

huskySgrl… what makes you think your work pc got hit? ads? most of the time you’ll see odd processes and increase processor usage when you aren’t doing anything… does you work have a good firewall? do they restrict scripts?

i think it did the trick. ill know by tomarrow for sure .thanks.

turbovw18~ Well I have a friend that goes to school at ITT Tech, and he always sends me e-mails of files and movies and pictures for his school projects. Today he sent me one called cat.swf and I opened it and it was a stupid cat bobbing his head around. Then we had a power flicker and when my computer restarted from the flicker none of my icons on the taskbar popped up and none of my programs (including folders) would work, then after letting it sit for like 15 minutes all the folders and programs we tried to open finally popped up. So we ran a norton antivirus and it found nothing, the definitions are up-to-date. But then we restarted again and everything seems kosher now… :dunno:

Sorry, I posted under Mike’s name…

~Jenn

My friend just told me that “the file is clean” but he didn’t verify whether or not he’s the one who sent it… so I still :dunno: I guess I’ll run a scan disk cause of the power surge and see if anything else happens.

Originally posted by Sight N Sound
Sorry, I posted under Mike’s name…

~Jenn
use ur edit button!!!:rolleyes: :tounge:

well that sounds interesting.

i’m assuming your friend wouldn’t of sent you something stupid that was virus ridden… shockwave files (swf) can access the internet or websites while you are watching a movie… so this could be a problem… not knowing how your company is setup, i would assume the user does not have admin righst, so any bug or virus shouldn’t be able to be launched.

however, it seems like when you rebooted something was accessing the internet before explorer.exe could load… this is probably why it was hanging for a number of minutes.

assuming your computer is alright, don’t worry about anything.

but if you ever reboot again and it hangs, pull out the network cable and see if the screen loads and programs work… i’d be interested to know.

Yeah, it seems like everything is fine now… I won’t be watching the dumb bobbing cat again though!!! :smiley:

And pewter, I didn’t have time… I had to get back to work.

Anyone know where the F Scandisk is on Windows XP Pro?? We can’t find it!!! :doh:

say what? fdisk to partition or scan disk to waste time?