Coould this work? How to see 2,000,000 years ito the past.

That would be great if it were possible, its fun thinking about it. Discuss.

http://i.imgur.com/2Bl6F.jpg

wheres the treadmill?

You would have to wait 1,000,000 million years after the mirror was in place for the light to reflect back.

If you could put a mirror 1 MILLION light years away, why not just put a damn person or camera there?

That would be like staring into the convex mirror on the trucker in front of you to see what he is doing

Thinkig about how crazy it would be to see in the past with a fucking telescope.

it would be awesome

i also love how the satellite reflection is pointing at what looks like the middle east. wonder why :gotme:

Guarantee the plane doesn’t take off.

But where do you plug in the flux capacitor?

It’s all relative.

:clap:

how is this any different than if I just make a movie with my iphone and somebody watches it 2 million years from now?

it would take at LEAST 1 million years to get the mirror there, even traveling at the speed of light. then it would take 1 million more years for the reflection to make it back to earth. might as well bury a time capsule.

this concept is severely flawed. to the point where i don’t know how the kid made such a great conceptual sketch with crayons.

While I agree it’s flawed, the concept is still valid.

It’s the same as saying that the stars we see at night are what was happening millions of years ago because of how far they are.

If we could find some kind of reflective surface to see our refection in, then it could be a possibility. Maybe we should be putting a huger mirror into space so some alien species ca see their reflection in it?

I am seeing into the past right now…light is so slow.

The light would be too diffused by the time it went there and back… and lets hope nothing got in between the mirror and the earth EVER…

“we dont have the technology” -tenacious d.

The stars we see is light from the “past”. If a star was to die we’d still see the light from it for x amount of years. The problem with this is that the light would be diffused, but if you could somehow get the light to not diffuse yes you’d technically see the past. This would be the same as watching a video though but you wouldn’t be able to rewind or pause it. LoL What a waste.