Could your gas meter be off calibration? VID!!

I just was wondering how fast is your gas meter goes when you have your furnance on my shit looks like its 4x as fast as it should be or am i losing it?

here a a video with jut my furnance running and my furnance is 80% efficent.

its a GMP100-3 100,000 BTU house is a 1655 SQFT
and my gas bill is around $250 a month!

I went over to my sis house and her furnance would be running and it 78% efficent and the gas meter does not come close to being that fast.

am i missing something?

Yes, insulation. lol

There are about a zillion factors in home the heating equation, especially if your home is not new.

neglect the insulation part. im talking about the amount of ccf consumed. if two identical identical furnance are in two identical houses and one draws more ccf then the other whats could be casing the difference?

more insulation = less heat needed to be produced = less gas consumption
less insulation = more heat needed to be produced = more gas consumption
That’s CASING the difference.

I don’t see how the same furnace could use that much more fuel even if something was out of tune. Is it the exact same meter? Are you actually reading the numbers or just watching how fast it spins?

Where’s the vid? -.-

and are the furnaces both running full open?

Remove gas meter and replace with a chunk of hose and some clamps. Nat gas operates at only about 6" of water column so some heater hose and clamps will hold it. lol

here is a vid!!!

im not writing a english paper, it was a typo.

and i dont think your following what im trying to ask.

IE:

If your were looking at your gas meter this instant when your furnance is running/on and checking how fast the dial is moving.

Then the next day you go out and buy the exact same furnance and you go out to check the gas meter dial and its going 4x a fast. What can cause that variance?

is there some kind of calibration on the furnance, gas meter, etc that might have not been calibrated at the time of install?

This is just a example.

what other appliances do you have running on gas? water heater? stove? furnace? etc etc…

what about the other house?

will nothing else is on using the gas, neglect everything else. the gas meter was at a stand till until i turn the furnance on.

With all this in mind them.
Does your furnace run at 100% every time it’s on or does it heat at different percentages of full capability depending on the temperature variation from set point?
That was what the old man and I were getting at.

I have no clue what you mean by run at 100% every time it on…etc.

Does that gas meter look like its rights?
here is the specification on my furnance.

http://www.dnmech.com/lit/Good_GMP_SS186ce.pdf

GMP100-3

A burner on a gas stove doesn’t have to be on “high” all the time. He’s asking if your furnace has the same sort of control over the gas flow rate rather than a simple on/off mechanism.

i would have to check not to sure. i can double check when i get home.

I doubt that furnace does really. Most do not.

Call the gas company up and tell them the needle on the gauge is spinning faster than you think it should. :tup: