People who pay their own gas bill...

I’ve always had my gas bill included w/ my rent, or someone else paid it.

WTF is going on here. It’s summer, why is my gas bill 92 dollars?

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4796&stc=1&d=1217432269

too many showers after piss sex

looks like June was estimated.

And, I assume that you don’t cook with a gas stove, right?

Is it set so that you pay less during the winter, but have to pay more during summer to make up for that. I forget what they call that exactly, but its some sort of deferment plan

is it just because they calculated wrong the first time?

use your hot water much?

i have a gas stove, but RARELY use it. My heat is off at the thermostat (but not at the furnace). My water is pretty high, i guess i could turn it down…

No, it looks like may and july were estimated, hence “calculated” and “company” refers to an actual meter read. Their estimate was off likely for the prior month meaning that you used more than you paid for the previous month, when they did the read, it seemed like you had a very high usage in a single month when it was in reality spread across two.

THat’s what I’m thinking.

I constantly have one month estimated and the next month actual. Bills go from 80-100 (actual) to 20-30 (estimate). It’s annoying.

You should be able to call in or go online and provide your reading every month so that there is a consistent actual reading.

For Example, I JUST received my electric bill and it is an actual reading for $234. Last month’s estimate reading was $34. :tantrum:

Budget billing?

Well then the monthly average is 63.44 for just a (fairly new) hot water tank… isn’t that exceptionally high?

not really… mine is about 60 during the summer, but we cook on a gas stove every night. we also keep the hot water cranked up pretty high. you can try decreasing the heat setting on the hot water tank, it might help

Balanced Billing

wtf, 18 users viewing, lol

That’s the one tkkkksss

Actually, it says right on your bill Calculated (estimate) and Company (actual).

I beat there was no one living there for the 4/11 reading or that’s when you took occupancy.

your bill shows 4-11 – 7-10 … but 100ish sounds right per month well for me its about right … i also have kids, wife and a “renter” that all shower daily and we cook alot…but nt. gas has gone up about 20% in the past 3 months … i called and they told me b/c of “gas prices”

If a house is vacant and gas usuage is low, then for the first year, the numbers are going to be out of wack. Once it goes through a year cycle, it gets to be a consistent amount.

ok. i don’t mind the price, i just didn’t want something to be horribly wrong w/ my water tank…

actually. i’m just gonna stop showering.

not showering is trashy.

way cool