How many of you heat with natural gas?

Looks like some real good news this winter:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=41480

A year ago, as the industry faced major losses of supply because of Hurricane Katrina. At that time, wholesale prices going into the winter were around 12 dollars per thousand cubic feet. Recently,the prices dipped below four dollars 50 cents per thousand cubic feet at the wholesale level.

wow you mean I can actually turn the heat on this year ha

Great, I just re-did all the windows door and insulation for nothing?!

X… :lol:

yay

YAY…i wont freeze

hrm, this is interesting. my landlord is trying to raise our rent due to “a huge increase in the gas bill for the next 3 months”

Ouch… Time for 2 On Your Side tipline.

Last year I replaced a VERY leaky patio door and despite the natural gas price increase my actual bill stayed the same from the previous year. So this year I should see a serious drop.

Yep. Oil burner for the loss. I better start insulating the fcuk out of everything now. Although what is interesting is a guy I work with also has an oil burning furnas with a tank in his basement, so he’s converting his shit to bio. He’s predicting about a $1000 dollar savings this year.

Remember kids, they’re predicting a mild winter this year due to the return of El Nino. So the drop in gas prices plus that trinket of knowledge equals $$$.

Yeah, but fuel oil is down something like %28 percent too.

^Really? Noco is offering oil if you prepay now at like 2.5x/gallon. If you don’t prepay, you can still lock it in all season at 2.6x/gallon. Last year I don’t think I ever paid over 2.2x or so. :eyebrow: We’ll see. I’m just gonna insulate the fawk out of anything that might be leaking heat, and close off 2 extra bedrooms.

Yay. :slight_smile:

FUCK YEAH!!!
I live at home, but I pay utils… and my mom LOVES a warm house… Thank God we have 2 zones and 2 different central air units…I keep mine at a toasty 63!

Last years worst was like 530 bucks :frowning:

My gas is free so I have no problem bathing in 80 degree heat over winter…lol

Nice my wife will happy that she can use the heat this year.

^Haha my fiance will be happy because she will get yelled at less. I seriously thought I was going to have to get a password protected thermostat last year. :mad:

now I just have to fix the Nat Gas fireplace in the living room so I’m not heating the whole house… cause right now I’m heating the basement too :slight_smile:

I just got my furnace checked up about an hour ago, and that’s good to go. I’ve re-sealed all my old windows in the house, am in the process of rebuilding my wood-burning insert in my fireplace. Plus the new roof…

Plus I’ve got about 7 chords of wood sitting outside to split that I got for free; anyone got a splitter I can use for a day???

No such thing as “free”. If it’s an apartment, it’s in your rent.

If it’s with your parents, you’re just an ass. :slight_smile: