Couple question on getting a motorcycle trailer

1. Any hook ups on cheap ones? I tried craigslist; no real luck.
  2. What am looking for in buying one? Is there anything special about one that hauls bikes?
  3. What is licensing one like cost-wise, and is there an yearly inspections or anything?

TIA

Do you actually need a trailer? If not, and you have a hitch, you might be able to get away with just a bike hauler that slides into your receiver type hitch. No additional license or registration is required.

My brother in law has a trailer and it is not very much to get it registered for 2 years. I don’t recall any type of insurance for them either.

If you are going to buy used, make sure the deck is sturdy and that the lights can be made to work with your vehicle without too much fuss. We had to replace all the lights on my bro in laws. A spare wheel and tire is a plus!

what are you hauling dirt bike or street bike? and what are you hauling it with?

Triumph Speed Triple street bike. Hauling with either/both a 2004 Supercharged xTerra or a pig of a new Pontiac Torrent.
I want the minimum I’d need to haul the bike safely over a long distance, to do things like take the bike on vacation… or to out of state g2g’s, etc.
Never hauled anything but a dirt bike in a pick-up bed before, so I have no idea what I’m doing with this.