motorcycle hitch hauler

just want everyones 2cents on them as i been thinking about getting one. aqe they any good?are there any available that are long enough for a 06 zx10r with 6inch extended swing arm? thanks in advance for any input.

ive had a friend use one with his Harley and he loved it idk the brand tho and im sure the Harley is heavier then the zx10 haha

idk what your price range is but ive seen these and they are bad ass! the trailer folds up into a bag!
http://trailerinabag.com/index.html

that trailer is nice. way outta my price. and if i was to get a trailer id want a 4x8 . i’m thinkin hitch hauler is my best route to go. get one used cheap and modify to make sure strong enough. don’t know if my jimmy will like it. but it will do it. my zx is like 386 stock i think. should be lighter now and my 954rr is 370 pounds.

Check out harbor freight. They have small cheap trailers and hitch haulers. So take ur pick

will do. thanks just remembered i have a 20% off coupon for that store.

Hitch hauler always looks iffy to me. I’ve seen it on the road and I kept thinking to myself either the hitch is gonna break or that bike is gonna fall off any moment.

You need to factor in and make sure that whatever car you are using is rated for that kind of tongue weight (a 450lbs motorcycle + the hauler itself + all the forces generated when the car go over bumps). The shear fact that you have to ask the hitch alone to do so much + all the twisting motion generated by the bike rocking back and forth while the car is in motion; both, IMO, looked and sounded unsafe to me.

yea thinking a 4x8 from harbor freight. i don’t want to worry. any input on those trailers guys?

For what it costs to finish one of those trailers youre better off buying one of the steel trailers from Home Depot/Lowes or buying a used trailer on Craigslist.

I bought a used trailer for $200 that I believe was a Harbor Freight one and had to strip it down and redo it because the wood was all shot and I probably had $400+ into it when it was all done and painted.

The HF trailers dont have any decking or sides.

I use a smaller trailer from HF with a bike rail, 10 hrs to Ohio and 5 hours to NHMS no issues. I don’t know what size wheels the 4x8 came with but I would highly suggest something with 12" wheels.

nice idea. where did u get the rail?

id get a used one from cl thats a little bigger so u can use it for more then just bikes if you need to and youll always get your money back on a cheap trailer…

i have a hitch hauler (For sale actually). but for a full sized bike i wouldn’t want to try it with my bike, i’ll just say that.

It works great for dirtbikes but idk, fwiw i used to carry my bmw enduro on it and that weights about 450 so i guess it would work fine, i just know i wouldn’t try carrying my d675 on it

Would one of the hitch haulers be decent for, say, transporting a crf100 around?

^ oh absolutely

how much? any pics? thanks

$100 there is a for sale thread from a while ago on here, I’ll bump it

whats the rail dimentions? my rear tire is a 190 in inches i think would bd like 7.5 wide maybe 8

I forgot exactly where I got it, but it is the same as this one: http://www.deiequipment.com/armor-rex-motorcycle-rail-kit-745-746-749-trailer-kits-black.html?gclid=CImbwsmskbUCFVCd4AodSF8A9g

It is an adjustable rail (in length) with a ramp rail and ramp rail mounting kit. The mounting kit allows you to store the ramp rail underneath the trailer. It fits my 160 rear no issue and it should fit 180 either, but not sure about 190.

To be honest, IF you have a vehicle that can tow, I would absolutely suggest you to get a 4x8 WITH a ramp gate, similar to something they sell at lowes site, but it will be a bit more expensive.